Lantern collections?

No_Bivy

Treehouser
Does anyone here collect old Coleman lanterns or stoves? Or other stuff like Primus, Tilley?

I don't collect, but I have a few that I occasionally use. I have a couple old Dietz, and newer Feuerhand I like a lot(similar to the Dietz Little Wizard).

I have a few and use them, Coleman. Both a stove and a lantern, use the stove more but now that you mention it i need to start using the lantern more too. Great area work light for most stuff

A few. I have a couple of old stoves, and three lanterns...all Coleman. A single burner chrome tank stove that my father bought new in 1947 or '48. A double burner our family used when I was a wee tot...early 1960's vintage. Both work well still. A single mantle lantern, a double mantle lantern...both burn gas; and my favorite is a single mantle kerosene model, the only one I acquired somewhat recently, made in the 1950's...it is a bit rare. All in good working order.

I also have three Aladdin mantle lamps, kerosene fueled.

Last edited:
I have an old Primus optimus camping stove that has been around the World with me in 10 years of hitchhiking.

No collection apart from that.

I have my grandfather’s old Coleman stove, then a newer propane version. I have one old Coleman lantern, and a couple of the newer propane ones. For backpacking, I use an MSR Whisperlite.

As I suspected, folks here use what they have, not really collectors. Burn has the distinct advantage of age, treasuring fine lanterns and stoves acquired over the years for use while camping with the beautiful M.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ill start posting pics soon. I would like to see yalls

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
thing was a rusty beast.....stripped and stove blacked it. Needs it again.....humid south.

No duh :). I'm a dumb old guy. Smart phones are WAY too smart for me...leave aside that we really don't have much in the way of cell service here at the house.

Last edited:
I had a couple of white gas Colemans. Left one at a friend's cabin after a party in about '97. Haven't been back to retreive it. The other is probably at my parent's house. I've got a few propane ones now, but the Milwaukee M18 lantern will go days on a big battery, and it's got a USB port.:dontknow:

Crappy pics from a few years ago, living and working on the road, i don't have museum pieces but things that are used and abused hard. The dual fuel double burner stove used to cook my 2 meals a day, and fed tons of people in the parking lots. Good times

20190814_201953.jpg 20190716_204218.jpg 20181130_123752.jpg 20190716_204134.jpg

Anyone here who has followed my several camping travel threads will have seen the 1960's era Coleman two burner stove. We used it up until midway through our 2019 trip to SE Arizona, when the generator broke off inside the fuel valve. We bought a modern Coleman propane two burner to replace it then, on the road :).

I was able to find parts to fix it up after we got back home. Works a good as ever. But no lie, the propane model is much easier to use :).

Back