haunted jobs

Sounds like he didn't want to go, Jay.

That was my distinct impression. It was a narrow lane and suddenly coming around a curve I was upon the proceedings, in the midst of it really, only passing a foot or two from the coffin. He would have been going to get cremated, I was some chance out of the deal perhaps...?

The odd thing about the experience was that I distinctly felt what I saw, that is about the only way to describe it. By felt, I mean perceived by some other sensitory ability than what we use in normal life. It wasn't frightening, the reaction I felt was that it was a nuisance to have whatever it was, holding on to my neck and hanging on my back, a very spontaneous circumstance not connected to normal thought. I shrugged my shoulders and told him to get off, and he immediately slipped away. We were already on another road then, had passed the small intersection that led to a change of direction.

If the whole thing wasn't some brief imagination, it makes me think that such goings on are on another plane, normally beyond our usual awareness where our thoughts and senses possibly get in the way of the different perception. There was no chance for me to be selective, like he was waiting for an opportunity and there I suddenly was.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
THANK YOU JAY!
i have responded to wrecks, pulled bodies from cars, carried gunshot victims to ambulances, held lil ol ladies hands as they get in the ambulance to never return home again
and cleaned the trailer that held 5 dead, air men's pieces
i said it right pieces(thats etched in my head for ever)

i feel a strange sensation, like a vision of families
left behind loved ones...
its over powering, the pure raw overwhelming emotion that can be picked up on
i passed a wreck where a motor cycle cop was downed and very dead
happened 1 light sequence in front of me in la
as i drove by i felt this overwhelming pic in my head and heart of his family, and could feel an intense sadness. or intense pain
i felt it many times, like you are seeing a tid bit of something important to them
i usually pray for them, and wish them well into the beyond, i pray to ease their families, and to grace them with sweet reunion
takes a bit to shake it off

i guess some of us are more sensitive to those sorts of things
glad i aint alone,

I'm skeptical about haunts but acknowledge that there are spiritual forces at work in the universe that are beyond my ken.

OK I am not really a believer. But.

My dad(1st stepdad) moved to Calgary when I was about 10 or so to finish his schooling at the university(psychology). He rented this house just out of town in Bearspaw, right beside the gas station. Anyways alot of weird stuff happened in that house, like really weird stuff, sightings, pictures moved, presences felt things like this. One day my dad came home to the front door being open and the dog(big shepperd) lying there in front of it. He'd jumped through a window from his kennel into the house, which was an incredibly high jump, shattering the window and giving himself some minor cuts. That was strange for the dog to do, no idea who opened the door, maybe/probably a thief or something. I felt and saw a strange thing like a ghost there myself on one ocassion, many other people/guests described the same thing.

One day in psych class at the university my dad's prof gets off topic talking about all the para-normal calls that come into the school as he was the one who would deal with them. Starts talking about the ones that he couldn't explain and describing some of the happenings. My dad's sitting there and starts thinking, damn this sounds familiar. Yup same, exact same house. Someone had died in that house, although I was never clear on how exactly. The house is tore down now, still gives me the willies to think about it. Never felt threatened there but definetly pretty freaked out a few times.

On a couple of ocassions pics were taken down off of all the walls in the living room and stacked on top of each other right in the center of the room. No shit man, unexplainable. That was the similarity that really tweaked my dad on to his professors story and prompted him to ask about it. Lights constantly being turned on like the place had to have had faulty frikking wiring or something except that the actual switch was turned on.

I've never felt, seen, or experienced anything like that earlier or since then in my life.

Nothing to slap though. I remember being pretty freaked out at times when I went to stay there. My room was in the basement and lights would just come on all of a sudden, never off though. My dad rented alot of different houses when I was a kid and that's the only one we never went in the attic of. Other strange crap happened there too with my sister who was an annoying teenage girl at the time so I just chalk most of it up to that. Weird nightmares and stuff. There were a few different reports of apparitions in that house. Once when I wasn't there a couple with their newborn spent the night in my room and they both claim to have woken up to their baby crying and seeing some kind of a 'ghost' hovering over the playpen.

Almost like somebody wanted you to move out, Skwishey. Stacking up the pictures off the walls? Dang.

My dad woke up on the couch once with all the pics stacked in the middle of the living room and every light in the house on even the outside lights. In the morning he asked my stepmom if she was losing her freaking mind or what and she swears that every light in the house was out when she went to bed.

I kid you not this was a weird place for whatever reason.

It'd probably be no biggie, but it is tore down and history now anyways. My dad lived there for atleast 4 or 5 years and I stayed there lots of times. Most of the time nothing weird would happen and only a handful of times in that timeframe did anything really bizarre happen.

Worst thing that ever happened there was my 1st car was stolen '65 olds delta 88 with the american model 425 4 barrel rocket in it. That sucked bigtime. I was 14 and really looking forward to cruising that baby around.

Here's what I don't get about ghosts. In general ghosts are assumed to be a spirit that is left over somehow after a person dies. The implication is that it's the eternal ever-lasting part of a human that keeps on existing even though the body may be dead. But if ghosts last forever, then there should be a lot more ghosts on Earth than live humans. Even if only 1 in 100,000 people become ghosts when they die, most of the planet's surface by now would be covered chock-a-block full of them. Since that is obviously not the case, then there are only 2 possibilities: (1) either ghosts are not eternal (they eventually go away) or (2) there is no such thing as ghosts. QED

Some ghosts don't know how to get to the next world, is my impression. A few who may not know or don't get guided at their funeral, will stick around. Some may not want to go, it's fun to pull pranks. This isn't speculation or anything...:roll:

I don't actually believe in ghosts despite what I've earlier posted. But there were some weird happenings that I also don't really know how to explain. I would be calling full on BS if any of you tried to sell me a story like I've written in this thread.

I'd been in a house that had weird paranormal activity. Found out later that a guy that I knew had been in the house when he was a kid 40 years before, when he was a kid, and it was having similar weird occurrences. It was my girlfriend's house, with the culminating experience of a knife in the ceiling. She ended up moving next door with another friend. Once she left the house, and her roommate lived there with her boyfriend, all weirdness ceased.

The part that I actually saw with my own two eyes was an electrical cord hanging horizontally-ish between the outlet and lamp on the table moved on its own, vertically.

I believe there are things going on that we do not fully understand. Are they ghosts? Why in our ignorance do we find certainty?

Back