hand saw; hardened blade vs non hardened

Climbhigh

TreeHouser
I have a Zubat witch works OK most of the time but looking for a more aggressive saw. was looking at the Ibuki. How long do the non impulse hardened blades last in comparison? do you guys sharpen them or just replace ? thanks.

I tried the Ibuki after seeing Gerry use it in his training videos. I was surprised at how grabby it was (sticking in the pull stroke of a cut). I tried a friends Sugoi and liked it. When I look at the specs the teeth per inch are the same or very close to the same. All I can figure is that the Ibuki handle to blade angle is closer to 90 degrees than the Sugoi and perhaps this has me pull downward into the cut more.

Try the one you think you might like before you buy it you can. Also many saw models have more than one length but, a particular company may only have and show one of those lengths.

I have the Ibuki, Zubat, and Gomatro (?) Zubat for climbing/pruning, Ibuki for removals out of the bucket, Gomatro for fruit trees.
I sharpen just a few time and then replace when needed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you for the responses. I was curious about blade life of the non hardened teeth Vs hardened ? I don't know what I was thinking that I could just sharpen it... 100 teeth, each tooth has several angles.Thats allot of sharpening for someone that can barely sharpen a pocket knife. Can you send in old blades for exchange or sharpening ?

Back