GRCS winch recall

rumination

Migratory Hippie Arbolist
I saw this over at the Buzz and thought it would be worth posting here.

GRCS users, in 2012 we began supplying a new version of the Harken 46 winch with the GRCS. This winch features a taller drum than the original 46 and a change was made to the self tailing. With the new self tailing the lower or inner jaw moves downard toward the base of the drum. On winches supplied for the GRCS, slots are machined into the top of the drum to give the self tailing a greater range of travel to accomodate ropes up to 19mm (3/4"). I recently discovered that some winches sold between October 1, 2012 and March 31, 2013 do not have those slots machined in the top of the winch drum. I would like to correct this issue for everyone who has such a winch. If you have a GRCS with a serial number between 1650 and 1807, please contact me at grcs8887@sbcglobal.net so we can arrange to have your winch shipped back to Wisconsin for inspection and if necessary, machining. I have arranged with Harken for a very quick turnaround for any winch that requires machining. I really want to make sure that everyone with a GRCS has a winch that is up to our design specs.

Thanks, Greg

http://www.treebuzz.com/forum/showf...=358907&Words=&topic=1&Search=true#Post358907

Back