Gardening 2015

What are these flowers called Max?

78e972328b4d.jpg

I have a Tree Dahlia that looks similar, grows to about 12' to 15' every year.

flowers 008.jpg

Gardens been a bit of a chore this year, no significant rain for two months, watering every night, lawn all browned off.
Not a vintage year.

It is the opposite here.
Wet and we've had an invasion of snails that have pretty much killed all but onions and potatoes.
Worst year for gardening, I can remember.

Andreij, those red berries look like viburnum opulus. Do you use them for eating ?

And that does indeed look good, You have a lot of really good types of vegetables over there. My best friend is married to a Russian woman, and she has brought seeds for me, when visiting her parents.
They did real well when I had my poly tunnnel, but outdoor, the Danish summer is too wet for them.
Some excellent , very dark, tomatoes:)

I just freeze viburnum berries in the refrigerator. In winter, regularly drink viburnum berries with honey: 1 liter of water, 100 grams of honey, 100 g viburnum berries. It is a powerful immune stimulant and a source of vitamins. (Contraindicated in people with a weak pressure)

Look like plums, not tomatoes. Father in law has sold around 2000 pounds of tomatoes, hundreds of pounds of peppers, thousands of pounds of corn and the winter squash is ready to go! Turned all the corn under and seeding radish and cover crops there tomorrow. He's a farming fool!

Father in law has sold around 2000 pounds of tomatoes, hundreds of pounds of peppers, thousands of pounds of corn and the winter squash is ready to go! Turned all the corn under and seeding radish and cover crops there tomorrow. He's a farming fool!

I guess he is, wow!

I'm planning to do a garden this year, figured I'd chime in here instead of starting a 2016 thread.

We've been talking a lot about farming and cover crops with Dave and Jim in other threads, I'm guessing cover crops are equally important to a small backyard garden as they are to a huge farm, though I see some folks mentioning tilling their garden.

I'm a rank noob but eager to learn. I'm hoping to do 2 6'x3' beds :drink:

Time for a 2016 thread? I've gotten broccoli in but that's it so far, looking forward to a great year in the garden.

Back