Forum speed

Dave Shepard

Square peg, round world.
Anyone else having an issue with forum speed? Normally, I would think it was my connection, but all the other places I visit are operating at normal speed. Just wondering if my computer is not optimized for the new forum software or something.:? It takes about 20 seconds to load a page, and it's been this way for almost a week.

No problems here, either. Are you running an ad blocker? Whenever I had issues like that it usually ended up being either my ad blocker or an issue with my local internet provider.

I'm on a macbook pro, EVERYTHING is fast here bra'.....:)

I've had that issue on another forum recently, it is truly annoying. I accused one of the admins of implementing a hack on me (there are hacks available out there to slow down specific user's connections to a specific website, a la Darin Johnson) and about 10 minutes later the problem was gone. No problems on that forum in the last 3-4 months for me now.

Sending someone to Coventry means they are not allowed to speak.

Coventry in real life is a dump too.

Sending someone to Coventry means no-one speaks to them...shunned, shut out, ignored...

Speed ok here, and I'm on dial up! It was a bit slow in the first day, but now ok...I never look at video clips though, cause that just takes WAY too long, like making a whole meal too long!

Sending someone to Coventry means no-one speaks to them...shunned, shut out, ignored...

Sorta. In forum speak it means only I can see their posts. The poster won't realize this unless they log out and then try to find their posts. I don't like doing that because it screws the continuity of the posts in a thread.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I haven't changed anything on my end. It's only this forum that is slow, but it wasn't when we first started with this updated software, only the last 5-6 days. I'll ask my sister, she's is the computer person. I don't think it's my ISP, as other sites like the Forestry Forum are working like lightning right now. Probably just some stupid little setting.

The opposite here. I'm on a fiber optic line, but my computer is ancient. The new forum seems to have breathed some new life into the old box.

Yes, really fast, unless I'm on the wife's laptop, then I can watch a TV show, a baseball game, pay the bills and browse the TH all at once.

Still dragging along for me. Tried all kinds of things to this computer and no luck. Tried the laptop, still dragging. Sucks not being able to enjoy the 'House in the evening.

Don't know why it only affects one forum, but everything else is normal. I'm 1,800 posts behind.

I logged out, which cleared the cookies, and it didn't help. Laptop also having issues. I'll reboot and load Windows Vista, and see if that helps.

Back