English, do you speak it?

wiley_p

Climbing Up
Our wonderful PC state, which by the way is in a several billion dollar budget shortfall, has another clever move.
We are now required to get a boater safety card, an easy way for the state to get 10.00 from every boater. The kicker is the study guide printed in English costs 10.50. The guide printed in F%$!#@ Spanish is FREE! WTF is going on in this damn place?:X:X:X:X:X

That's screwed up. I got pretty pissed when they implemented a mandatory $125 hunter safety course here. I'd been hunting since I was a kid and I refused, didn't hunt for two years... that I'll admit to anyway.
Finally they added a grandfather clause, anyone with a previous hunting license was exempt.

Have you raised hell with'em?

Last time I had to take the written CDL driving test, I asked for a book and they didn't have any in English, only Spanish. No money in the budget to order more English copies, either. :what:

You anglos may as well face it. You are a dying race:D

I'm fine without English being official but damn, the books ought to cost the same... no, the books should both be free.

seen a mirror lately Stig? You dont look Hispanic/Asian/Indian to me. :P

We danes won't be overrun by hispanics, here it's the muslim hordes that are coming.
Unless of course, it is too cold for them here:)

Anyway, when I decided not to have kids, I voluntarily ended my line.
Extinction awaits the Stigs.

Last edited:
Jersey has had a boaters lic for years now but, you can be from PA and not required to have one.

Whites are the minority now, but you sure can't tell from the law books.

I call reverse-discrimination on this one.

I guess it's a good thing everybody over 12 is grandfathered in and doesn't have to take the course. That doesn't really solve the philosophical problem though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I guess it's a good thing everybody over 12 is grandfathered in and doesn't have to take the course. That doesn't really solve the philosophical problem though.

Negative Sean, Everyone has to do it. This year 25 and younger need it, next year 30 and below, 2011 is 35 , 2012 40 and below. By 2015 everyone will be required to have it.

You anglos may as well face it. You are a dying race:D

hahhahaha...you too
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GHwMCIc-iqs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GHwMCIc-iqs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

sorry Wiley, this thread makes me think of Pulp Fiction. "Do they speak English in What? Go ahead, say what one more time..."

they did that here a few years ago. now they are doing mandatory 4 wheeler liscences. irratates me but im with chip, should be free on both accounts, or better yet, everyone can learn english and just have that version

Back