Didn't Know Where To Put This...

GASoline71

'cause chicks dig scars
So I thought I'd put it in here...

So if it is of any interest to some of you'se... John Lambert (aka GyppoLogger, he now goes by the handle Yukonsawman) got busted up pretty good and is lucky to be alive.

I have quoted what he put up at AS, and here is the pic he posted (the pic isn't gory... just a lot of bruising and stiches)...

Well guys, I got hit square in the face yesterday and managed to make it to a neighbours before I bled to death and I wasn't fooling around.
I was dropping a double stem pine that joined 4 ft. above an 18" stump. The first stem fell ok, but because I was cutting over my head I was sloppy about the undercut and got the second stem hung up. No biggy, I just cut it 6 ft. above the stump and next thing you know, I was pounded straight in the face out of nowhere. Blood was filling my eyes and it was all I could do to make it out of the bush. Then a 150 mile drive to emergency.
It's a wonder I didn't lose my eye.
I'll go back out to the accident scene and take pictures. This is the most serious accident I've had in my 29 year career. This happened yesterday at 1:30 pm. I can hardly see what I'm typing.
John

I was lucky, it drove my safety glasses thru my upper and lower eye lid. The forensic crew found the spiked club that hit me.
Can't figure out how I missed it!
John

Thanks fellas for the heart felt posts. I can't understand why one tooth was shattered length ways when it wasn't even hit. My neck is sore the most. I was wearing chaps and not a hardhat. Even though it's hard for me to say, things may have been different if I had.
There was freakin blood everywhere, and it was 5 hrs. before I got any morphine. The 150 ambulance mile trip was a killer over a bumpy gravel rd.
My scull was showing thru, but the wiplash was what really hurt.
John

Butch... I don't know what your relationship is like with John anymore... so if you wanna delete this it's fine by me.

Gary

Attachments

• BFT.jpg
    BFT.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 18
Holy fuckin' shit... :O

Lucky to still be alive after a hit like that!

Well I have nothing against John and no reason to dislike him. Please extend my best wishes for a speedy recovery. I'm unable to do so myself or I would.

What Brian said. John could be a very entertaining person, I liked him a whole lot more when he calmed down and joined the treehouse.

Send him my regards Gary, hope he has a speedy recovery.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm gettin' that it was the hung up tree that sprung on him when he was tryin' to cut it higher than his initial face cut to get it un-hung. Wow...

Gary

Lucky boy to get away with that one. Send my best wishes for a speedy recovery

Squish, he's a friggin' riot! I wish I could find his "If I were king of the forest" video! OMG! He once posted a pic of himself on AS nude with an 066 in front of his privates! He had a couple of videos where he was cutting timber in his undies with snow on the ground! Damn good guy, but he's got a couple screws loose!
Here's an example of him making fun of GOL:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j1mdryF46ro?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j1mdryF46ro?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
There's more!

Wow, that is wicked. Thanks for posting, Gary! I just visited AS briefly today,but missed that. I met John at Dennis Greffard's Clearwater Revival back in 2002...and again the next year's event. I'll head straight over there.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wish I could find his "If I were king of the forest" video! OMG!

Ask an ye shall receive. John is a nut... :)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wetw8RQGJH0?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wetw8RQGJH0?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Gary

Hope that crazy bugger heals up alright. I always liked that one video where he gave a committed fell a karate kick for good measure. That one raised a few eyebrows.

King of the Forest Video!
I remember watching that, and every tree I felled for weeks afterward, I'd sing it very loudly.
You can just about hear me as this big poplar went over...
<embed id=VideoPlayback src=http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=2253576826393477333&hl=en&fs=true style=width:400px;height:326px allowFullScreen=true allowScriptAccess=always type=application/x-shockwave-flash> </embed>

A bad day in most jobs might mean a paper cut or a coffee spill, with tree work it can get bad......

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    852.6 KB · Views: 6
It made me think of my black face after that maple fell with me in it. I didn't need any stitches though.

I don't know the guy but I like his sense of humor, seems like he's got a lot of friends. I hope he gets well soon and all he has to show for it is a wild story.

Back