Craigs list

frans

TreeHouser
Is craigslist now not the cool place to go and look for stuff to buy? Or is there a better listing that I should know about?

Seems like the cool kids use facebook marketplace. I'm decidedly uncool though, and won't use facebook for anything. Craigslist is full of flakes. I've only made one successful purchase, and I still marvel over the fact it was completed, albeit somewhat roughly. I usually get no response to requests. It's like my coms are getting blackholed. I don't like craigslist, but it isn't facebook, and I guess you sometimes get lucky.

I've had good successes with CL and have a friend who has had plenty.

Definitely have had no-responses, too.

FB marketplace is the same.

I scored a couple reels of chain really cheap on ebay. I'd stay away from buying/selling tech on ebay. There's a lot of scammers. Generally, I prefer dealing with sales in-person. Inspect the items, and if they're acceptable, pay cash and be on your way.

My last two forays into business on Ebay both were not successful, though I did get my $ back each time. Before these, I've had more than a few decent outcomes.

I found my Jaguar on Craigslist. That was satisfactorily conducted. Also acquired an old Aladdin mantle lamp without issue. And parts for my vintage Coleman stove.

It's something of a crap shoot on either venue, I think. But overall, I have been mostly happy with outcomes.

I prefer Craigslist because I use their email relay so I don't have to post my phone number in my ad. It's not difficult to separate the serious buyers versus the time wasters. I have never trusted eBay and never will. I've been on Facebook for about a year now but haven't used Marketplace. I am on a couple groups where equipment is bought and sold. I sold my last trailer on Facebook but bought the replacement on Craigslist.

I use Facebook groups and marketplace and eBay for most of my buying that isn’t from a retailer. I sell on FB also.

Back