Cell signal boosters.

Dave Shepard

Square peg, round world.
I just spent 15 minutes on the Wilson Electronics site trying to figure out what kind of antenna and booster might work for me. It gave me a ******* tumor, so I gave up. Anybody use one of these? I think by the time there is a good cell signal in this town, people will be communicating with mental telepathy. :|:

I've got the same problem. Even though we're on the top of hill, we get crappy cell phone service. We have Verizon Wireless.

I do have a cell phone extender tied into out internet service provider but it has limited range and is pretty much limited to the house. I need cell service throughout my little 38 acres of heaven.

Tagged for info.

Welcome to the Tree House FTG-05! My name is Jim.

I know that the oil field next to me uses cell boosters. They must be powerful because if they leave them on overnight the battery goes dead in their pickup. They use hard wired units. I dont know how much they cost but they work great.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have AT&T. There is a 4GLTE tower across the valley from me. Once in a while I can hook up well enough to get online. It's faster than the wireless "high speed" internet at the house. I know it isn't going to be cheap. I have no land line at the house either. It would cost quite a bit to appease those ass holes and get a land line going again. At least if I could get cell service at the house, I could do some light emailing and web surfing.

I'll ask my helper on sat. He bought a repeater for his and said he can't believe the difference.

http://www.wilsonamplifierstore.com/wilson-801245-soho-amplifier-kit Bang for buck, this seems to be the kit, reviews are good, but check around as prices vary a lot! That kit, with everything you need is $589 from Wilson, but you can get the box for $250 through Amazon, http://www.amazon.com/Wilson-Electronics-801245-Adjustable-Booster/dp/B000PD02HI (really good reviews BTW!) and if you read through the reviews they offer up some better/cheaper suggestions for antenna's that you can use to make your own kit.

Thanks everyone. I wasn't able to find an online dealer for Wilson last night. It's good to get prices. I'm not surprised at the cost. It will be about the same as land line service for a year. I think I need a directional antenna, there is an old "E" network tower that I also pick up sometimes, and I want to make sure I only get the 4GLTE tower.

The only thing AT&T offers is a card to go in the computer so I can make calls through the internet. I told them that I was trying to get cell service so that I could get internet. I also tried Radio Shack. They only offered some over priced antenna that would give me better reception, provided my reception was already pretty good. F****** 'tards.

you might check with your cell provider. I bought mine from Verizon and it seems to perform well.

What did you get though? An extender that runs through your internet service or a cell phone repeater/booster? Link to what you have?

Thanks,

Back