Bypassing the hinge.

Danthetree1

Treehouser
One of my new guys dose it severely. I tried to explain why not to, but he says he's been doing it that way for 20 years......I hope he dont lose one on me....geez.

That would be a red flag if ever there was one.
Not that he bypasses the face, but that when told about it, he wants to argue about it.
If he wants to keep making the same mistakes he's been making for 20 years, let him do that for someone else.

Could someone with a better command of English than me, please tell me what you're talking about?

Is the idiot simply cutting through the hinge?

If so, I'm sure that to someone, that would be "very much out of the box"

If he's cutting through his hinge then he needs to drag brash for a while to reconsider! Hard one to deal with when someone is so many years in.

I still don't get it?

Please explain.

If cutting trees with a supertight lay, I'll cut through the hinge, or at least the side, I want the tree to roll away from, as soon as the tree is committed.

Standard procedure.

Yes , of course ... Most times the work is quite committed to the eventual lay. I think he's talking about the Asshole that just slices right through to the face side hoping for the best

I think he's meaning he is cutting with stump shot and a conventional notch, but cutting too far so that the actual hinge fibers are served and then split.

A Dutchman. The rules are in place for a reason. You can sometimes break the rules for awhile, and still make out alright(see my work), but eventually you're gonna find out why it's a rule when it bites you in the ass. Dude needs to get better, if nothing else, as a matter of pride.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cutting beyond where the hinge is supposed to be. If he dont want to change his ways he simply will not cut. I've seen disasters come from that kind of notch. I hope he comes around.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I still don't get it?

Please explain.

If cutting trees with a supertight lay, I'll cut through the hinge, or at least the side, I want the tree to roll away from, as soon as the tree is committed.

Standard procedure.
I agree 👍

Back