Blue Moon Splice Vid

NickfromWI

King of Splices
A few weeks ago one of the fine dudes from the tree house sent me some rope of his to be spliced. I mentioned that I might be able to video the process and throw it up online.

Here it is. It isn't great video because I was doing it myself (karina was at work that day).

Regardless, I thought it might be good for y'all to see. Might help someone who is trying to figure out this splice.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jYemvQlrIEU?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jYemvQlrIEU?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

love
nick

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, here's the story with part 2: Karina was at work the day I did this order. So the camera angles were just guesses.

When I reset the camera so I could do the final bury, the camera angle was WAY off...it was 15 minutes of my crotch. As much as I'm sure y'all would've loved it, I don't think it was as educational as it coulda been.

So that footage is scrapped. Now I just need someone to order another rope so I can have an excuse to do film it again!

Seriously- it's just a matter of when I have time to do the splice AND film. Doing a double braid splice like you see in the video takes 30 minutes TOPS (that while facebooking and twittering!) Usually I just want to get the order out the door. So it'll be when I'm doing a double braid, during the day (for lighting), Karina is around to run the camera AND I have another hour to do multiple takes, check lighting, etc...

Thank you for the kind words, gents!

love
nick

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's like anything else. The more you do it, the better you get at it...if you're paying attention!

Thanks, Bill!

And we gotta get you an avatar. Do you have a nice pic we could use?

love
nick

yeah, i can't seem to get my work pics off face book on here,and i lost them off my computer when we cleaned it last.

It's pretty easy to save the pictures to your computer from the web. Just right click on the image and then 'save image as' (or whatever wording your particular browser uses).

I can't splice three strand. I've never seen anyone perform such an esoteric function with such dextrous agility. Well done man... Thanks for the video: inspiring... my head's still spinning a little; but inspiring.

Back