Best oil additive ever!!

PCTREE

Treehouser
OK firstly I should qualify and say best oil additive for any diesel that uses engine oil to operate the injectors, i.e. power strokes and many more. My chip truck has a 7.3 in it and has always run rough and been hard to start. I recently had a P1212 code and it kept dying on me and long story short it took a while to figure out what was wrong but during that experience a friend of mine told me to check out "Hot Shot Secret"

http://www.hotshotsecret.com/hotshotssecret/

I put in the 2 quarts into my chip truck after removing 2 quarts of oil and figured I would see if it did anything. Figured what the hey its only $50 and my buddy raved about it ( he has a chevy with a Duramax). Anyways ran it for 2 days, maybe 50 miles and the truck now runs awesome!!! Starts right up and has way more power and idles smooth. This is one of those products that I just want to share with all of my friends!!! The basic principle is the additive removes what they call "stiction" ie the black burnt oil residue you find on parts that get too hot. Evidently most injectors fail due to a build up of this. If you have ever had to fix a bad injection system on one of these new truck you know how freakin expensive it can be let alone the down time. IMO do yourself favor and give this stuff a whirl.

I was so impressed by this stuff that I became a dealer for it, I am not suggesting you buy from me as if you can buy it locally it will be cheaper but Im selling it for $50 + shipping...

Questions??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Should note I put this in my 97 dodge with a 5.9 Cummins with a rotorary pump and didnt notice any improvement....

My opinion is that I'd run it for a few oil changes before making any claims. Most guys say it does nothing, and a few say the stiction problem returned. Im not trying to bash your product you are selling, but I would give it time and do a few used oil analysis tests at oil change before selling it to folks.

I don't mean that to sound like a cock. Just my advice.

Yup maybe Im jumping the gun on this but I was really excited with the results. The main reason I became a dealer was to get a slightly lower price for a bulk order so I could give it to my friends. I have already given away 12 quarts. I dont expect to make any money off of this just wanted to spread the word. Where did you read that people were recording no results?? As I said with motors with mechanical injection systems I didnt notice any results but with my 7.3 it was night and day. FWIW I dot expect to change my oil again this year as I run a bypass oil filter so only do it once a year......

Paul I don’t have a diesel right now but I do like it that you’re passionate about this product (the results of it). Good of you to want to share something you see as working.

I highly suspect that the only reason I and so many other people get to enjoy using a Hitch Hiker or a Raptor is that you live out of passion.

Will look forward to your continued thoughts and experience as my next chipper will be diesel.

That is a good evaluation , Merle, you have to have a certain passion to make good stuff, or simply get bored with mediocre.

Ive stumbled across the topic on the powerstroke forums. A few guys swear by it, others call it snake oil. I want you to keep me posted on the long term of it. If long term you are pleased, Ill buy some from you. Lets keep this topic alive from time to time, as Im interested in your experience with it. Like I said, if you run it awhile and have good luck, I'll PM you and order some.

I gave some to my mechinist few weeks back as he has a 7.3 in his pickup. I noticed the other day that it was still sitting in his office, guess he is like you Tucker and dubious but he said He asked a OTR trucker who was delivering some material if he had ever heard of it and he said he has been using it for a few years now.... I would guess he has put on a lot of miles with it. If you are using it and your shit doesnt break down how do you know its because of the additive or not??:?

All I know is it made my shitty running f550 run great and so now I believe it does as advertised. Fwiw if I sell you a 2 qt bottle I make like $10, hardly worth find ing a box and trip to the post office, I was just excited that this is a product that I believe could save you many thousands of dollars in repairs and down time.

Monday I am doing a crane job and Im really looking forward to giving my crane guy a bottle.

Keep me posted. I want to know how others that you know personally make out with it. Im interested.

how long have you been using it Scott?? I guess the Cat uses oil to inject the fuel?? I would surmise it probably had a lot of build up in the injectors so was most noticable when cleaned out. Wonder how long before they quit injecting and cost a fortune to replace???

Our old, rough running, difficult-starting 1990 7.3l is getting a shot of that snake oil soon... will let you know how it goes ;)

I switched to Mobil 1 synthetic at the time also. I had a leaking seal on one of the trucks second oil change with hss and it stopped leaking. Has held now for 10k miles...don't know if the additive was the remedy but that's positive as well!!

I would think that a 90 7.3 would have a mechanical injector pump, if so I doubt it will help out too much. From my understanding the biggest performance gains are to be had with the injector systems that use the engine oil at high pressure to squirt the diesel.

Scott, the literature says it helps seal oil leaks........

I missed that in the quick skim I did on it. From everything I read it was developed for ford to use in the 6.0. But they never took it as there own brand after all the troubles they had with the motor.

Guess I should try it on both of my 6.0s. The 550 has 212k miles, the 250 has 112k. The 550 doesn't like cold weather starting usually, both run Rotella T6.

Man if you are running T6 you also need a bypass filter so you dont have to change it but once a year...

I run t6 now in a 7.3 and my cat c7, both oil injected. Made a huge difference once I switched from dino.

Back