BC Fallers guide videos available online

Paul B

I dig hammocks.
Saw this link today, might be a learning opportunity for you or your team.

http://www2.worksafebc.com/Publications/Multimedia/Videos.asp?ReportID=36885

"This video series is the companion to the BC Faller Training Standard, which was designed to teach new fallers safe work procedures for falling and bucking. The goal of the series is to help workers with forestry experience develop the knowledge, attitude, skills, and abilities that will enable them to function as safe and productive fallers.

Produced by WorkSafeBC with assistance and support from BC Forest Safety Council, as well as North West Loggers Association, Central Interior Logging Association, Interior Logging Association, IWA Canada, and COFI.

Note: Some practices demonstrated were modified for filming and may not be consistent with the BC Faller Training Standard."

Not bad for covering the basics. Good practical safety awareness over all

Though when the narrator said it takes 3 seconds for the wedge to move a top I wondered about that a little.

Good stuff though. Thanks for posting the link!!

Very good,I have forwarded that on to a few rookies who liked it.

Thanks Paul!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just tried it with Firefox and it worked fine here Bonner, might be something at your end.

ah, I just watched them streaming in windows, didnt download any

Hey Paul: I cannot thank you enough for posting that link. I'm an aspiring faller, and even the basics are enough to get me pretty excited. I absolutely love how clearly and distinctly everything is laid out... even inbred folk can easily figure out whats going on with the stump. Reminds me a bit of the "Fundamentals" book.

I'm about to spring for Gerry's "Series Three" vids. Shld be pretty cool.

Jed, you go buddy, all I did was repost a link. Learn on!

You should love that video, Jed.

It is like Jerry had you in mind, when he made it.

If you can set through 10 hours of me flapping my lips that is.

Technical descriptions are tough no matter how they are laid out to teach people. Every person has their own grasp on things. I have the most respect for the members of this forum to have put into words so many of the tasks that we do every day, into simple layman's terms. Words from you folks that come out more clearly than I could think of solely on my own.

It has certainly come to be a collective consciousness this internet.

Yeah, it really has... funny thing. The internet still really can't help with draggin' brush though. :roll:

Axetually, it has....Reg has designed a schweet cart for hauling huge loads of brush......I forget what it's called.

I've tried to get him to join us here, but he isn't keen on the private forum. I've told him its nothing to fret about.

Gerry, that last post of yours really nailed it. the interwebs has been a great source for accelerating the spread of knowledge.....

Axetually, it has....Reg has designed a schweet cart for hauling huge loads of brush......I forget what it's called.

I've tried to get him to join us here, but he isn't keen on the private forum. I've told him its nothing to fret about.

Gerry, that last post of yours really nailed it. the interwebs has been a great source for accelerating the spread of knowledge.....

Ha Roger! I'd be interested in that little device for sure... not that I cld ever get the boss to spring for it though!

A very impressive tool...good video. I liked how 2 guys lifted the end of the log with a rope to get the trolley underneath...had not seen that trick before.

Back