Archaic Set-up

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fact is, I'm happy with what I've got.
I know it's hard to conceive of... but the set-up I showed you all is miles above what I had.
KMS was merely trying (desperately) to show me that there are better ways.
I know there are better ways. But show me faster, more efficient ways ? >>> I doubt it.
I want to arrive alive, just like anybody else.
I simply do not have the time & $$$ it takes to climb ultra-safe.

But show me faster, more efficient ways ? >>> I doubt it.

T, I wouldn't hit a girl. but if you were a guy you could just imagine getting thumped on the head as I say "Wrong wrong wrong boy. Doing it right doesn't take longer. It makes it faster and safer. Pay attention!"

Fact is, I'm happy with what I've got.... But show me faster, more efficient ways ? >>> I doubt it.

TC, I saw (and heard) an ankle snap from a six INCH fall...a girl slid down a slight rock outcropping, ankle rolled over a protruding rock and we had to carry her TOO far to get help. I saw another girl break hers from a one foot drop from a horizontal ladder (jungle gym) on an obstacle course.

Your climbing may be a bit slower at first but the safety procedures will get to be second nature quickly. Plus, you owe it to your kids to be disciplined enough to not take chances you don't have to take...your kids count on you to make good decisions..just like you count on them to do the same.

Imagine you take a fall without safety gear, get hurt badly, and you are in the hospital bed facing a 12 month convalescence...these words will haunt you:

Be smart, girl...you have these dudes offering you some great gear. They (we) like you and want you to be safe. Don't let us down.

Probably the most foolish thing Ive ever heard one say.....

So what DO you have time and $$$ for?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm going to keep doing it this way.
Sorry.

Easy girl your friends are just trying to look out for you. I/we understand that you have to do what you have to do but, there are people here that are willing to help. This is what family is about.
See Ya
Mike

Dont apologize to us. It'll be YOUR family greiving your loss or injury.

Cmon Teresa, wise up!!

How much time and money does it take? You have a saddle and the offer for a better one for free. Dont be to proud to accept the help.

All you need now is a short rope, and lanyard.

I dont think your brother would take to kindly to your position on the matter, would he?

Im not trying to beat you up on the matter, but just get you to see the big picture. This will be the last I bring it up.

I think Theresa is a lot smarter than all us dumb tree climbers. She can do it faster and smarter than us without all that stupid gear. And she won't fall or hurt herself, so the safety gear would be a waste of time and money.

:P

Fact is, I'm happy with what I've got.
I know it's hard to conceive of... but the set-up I showed you all is miles above what I had.
KMS was merely trying (desperately) to show me that there are better ways.
I know there are better ways. But show me faster, more efficient ways ? >>> I doubt it.

Ok I know i said I was done, but after I saw this in another thread, I had to point it out.

Careful, there are "safety nazis" among us >>> whoops, I'm one of 'em !

So which is it Teresa? :what:

:/:

I think that it only slows down productivity for a little while during the learning process. After that you get more work done because when you are tied in you can concentrate on working instead of concentrating on not falling. Plus you now have two hands available for working because your not using one of them to hold on.

Very well stated, Steve. I read a great quote on this site about safety..."Concentrate on what you are doing, not where you are doing it".

Being safetied-in lets one concentrate on the job, not on trying not to fall.

cant afford safety gear? I have seen I think three T-housers offer you a saddle for little or no $$. I am glad I use my safety stuff, I dont do big trees but I do what I do in a reasonably safe manner as best as I can.

6 or 8 feet off the ground, a handsaw and a lanyard. I know, no helmet but there was nothing above me and I needed the extra thick knit cap, it was cold! :)

plus learning to climb in a modern saddle is easier to change to different climbing styles and setups.Im not asking for any money just need to know the one box up and where to sent it

I know, no helmet but there was nothing above me and I needed the extra thick knit cap, it was cold! :)

No dogging on you Paul. But just FYI a helmet is as much for fall protection as a rope & saddle. It took me a while to find one that would fit just my fat head along with a hooded fleece or sock hat.

It is so refreshing to see the amount of help offered and how genuine you all are. What an opportunity. TC3 you have every reason in the world to except the offer and not one good reason to reject it.

Lets think about the most important benefits of a saddle:
1. It will keep you alive
2. It will make you more efficient
3. It will make you more money
4. It will open up a whole new toolbox to use on many different situations

It seems like you are scared to learn something new.

It is so refreshing to see the amount of help offered and how genuine you all are. What an opportunity. TC3 you have every reason in the world to except the offer and not one good reason to reject it.

Lets think about the most important benefits of a saddle:
1. It will keep you alive
2. It will make you more efficient
3. It will make you more money
4. It will open up a whole new toolbox to use on many different situations

It seems like you are scared to learn something new.

5. with a saddle, and lanyard, and a length of rope, she'll be able to climb trees that are "unfreeclimable"8)

Back