440 is back

wiley_p

Climbing Up
I was at Woods this afternoon and found out that the 440 is back in production in the US, for a while at least. Good news I figure.

Now I can get one I have always wanted a 044. I think my pack of huskies might not take kindly to the intruder though.

From what I gather from Stihls sites around the world they never really quit making it or the 038 Mag .They just stopped selling them in North America .

Rajan: Want to sell any of your Huskies? No. I'm not trying to make an enemy of you for life, it's just that I could use a bigger saw right now, and I--for some probably not good reason--don't want to get another 440 even though they abound on Craig's list in my area.

The grass is always greener ya know--if there's plenty of Stihls, of course... I want a Husq.

I couldn't it would be like selling one of my children if I had any. I have names for most of them. What model are you thinking about getting? I got 334, 338, 350, 346, 357, 365sp, 365, 372, 385, 3120, and a Jonsey 70e.

440 is a great saw, nice and light with plenty of power for most bucking/blocking.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nah, he's famous now. He bought ya TWO! :D

I had to read around a bit to figure out what you meant Erik. I thought maybe the altercation on the highway last week had gone viral.
Brian I didn't get you one this time, though I wish you had told me you needed chain. Next time.

Guy from Calif posted cost of in stock MS440 is $979 for a 28" b+c with full wrap and $30.00 less for half wrap. :O:O:O

ya you can't beat a 460 but mines gettng some age on it so maybe I'll look into a new 440 while they re-release them.

I can honestly say that I have never run a 440. I do have a 460 Magnum, entrusted to me by an older guy who said that he could barely lift it with his bad knees, and knew I would be giving it a good home. It is a fine saw, and I get the impression a real good one to mod, but I haven't touched it beyond removing the muffler screen.

Guy from Calif posted cost of in stock MS440 is $979 for a 28" b+c with full wrap and $30.00 less for half wrap. :O:O:O

I wouldnt pay that for a 440 or even a brand new older 044. No way. Not even in desperation. They were decent saws but not $1000 sort of decent. No way. Period.

Back