3/4 wrap handle for MS361?

Burnham

Woods walker
Anyone know a source? Aftermarket, most likely.

This 361 is the only saw I have aside from the 200 rear handle and 200T with standard half wrap handle. I'm a big fan of 3/4 or full wrap handles on saws, as many of you will recall. 3/4 wrap from Stihl was not an option for this saw when I bought it new...and I just never got around to it with this model, as the bigger saws served well for most saw work I had going on. But as I have retired and aged, the smaller saws are seeing more use. Not really a big priority, but I'm interested now.

Not having any luck through google.

Thanks.

This is the part# the web gave me, 1135-790-3600

Ebay has that part here...

Best to verify with someone else. I'm just running a search engine, and have no personal familiarity.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Looks like the correct part number...thanks, John. Price for oem is too high for me on this item, I think. But having the part number will help me look around some more. I appreciate your checking.

Shoot, it's awfully high for Madsen's aftermarket product, too. Keep looking, I guess :).

Try for a cheap Chinese copy Burnham on eBay or Amazon . Your not working every day with the saw so will be more than adequate- I got one for a 461 at a fraction of the oem price

That's what I've been looking for Pete, no joy so far for the 361. Other bigger models, yes.

When I got an oem 3/4 wrap for the 046, it hurt. Was not cheap.

My 2171 was supposed to be ordered with it, a regular one showed up. Dealer put the full wrap on at no extra charge.

He made up some of the loss selling me a bunch of screnches for it. An oem scrench is the ONLY one that will sneak under the wrap to get on the nut.

Ed

My last job made me consider whether a 3/4 wrap would be a good thing to have on my biggest saw 462.

To me, a 3/4 wrap reduces shoulder strain.

You have to hold the saw higher to cut horizontally by holding the starter- cover side than the clutch cover.

Half-wrap...kinda like driving my trucks on rare, hot days. No a/c, but I get there with power steering and power brakes.

If I never had A/C, i wouldn't miss it.

I enjoy it in my van.

Back