290 Morbark

Ax-Man

Don't make me chop you
Oh heck I might as well see if I can find a buyer for my chipper also.

92, 290 Morbark, 4 knife disc, Cummins 4 cyl diesel with turbo, dual feed rollers. The machine is in good shape. I have kept up with this machine while it has been in my care. The biggest thing was a having a remanufactured engine from Cummins put in it. I have the paperwork and the hours when it was installed. Other things that have been done are new feedwheel bearings, new axle and springs, clutch and other misc stuff.

This machine is presently up at our Morbark dealer. I have been trying to sell it on consignment since last Oct. but nothing is moving new or used so I thought I would give it a shot here on the trading post.

I can supply a link to the dealer or provide some contact information. The asking price is only an asking price and I am open to a reasonable offer.

There is no way I can ship this. You are going to have to make your own arrangements for viewing and transporting.

I'll be happy to answer any questions to best of my ability.

Attachments

• 290.JPG
    290.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 248
  • Driver's%20side72.jpg
    Driver's%20side72.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 244
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not trying to be elusive, but I would rather have someone contact the dealer and go from there. I am just providing a short cut so to speak if someone just happens to be looking for a chipper like this one in Illinois area.

Heck of a way to sell a piece of equipment. I know. But they have gone to the trouble of listing it on their website and in the Tree and Landscape Trader. Just trying to be fair to them.

But then you lose the consignment price for your effort, you already knew that, i'll shut up...

What price are they asking for it and what is their contact info? Do you have a link to the ad?

GL selling it, Larry.

Steve , yes, the chute does swivel.

The asking price is $ 9,900.00. I have the final say so for a lower offer.

The link to the machine and phone numbers is http://www.alexequip.com/ Just click used equipment and go down to the used 12 in. chippers. I swiped their pics and posted them here.

The guy to talk is Matt or Steve.

Alexander Equipment are good people, that is where my machine is from and they have been great to me. Wish I knew someone off hand that was in need of a chipper, but unfortunately many people around here are selling also. Good luck with the sell Larry.

I dont mean to be a jerk but that is the most round about way of selling the machine. Its your machine, you own it. Sell that bad boy by whatever means necessary and if you feel so compelled, toss some coin in the direction of the dealer for helping you out. Just my opinion and regardless I will keep the chipper in mind in case I run into someone looking.

I'm sorry, I figured the chute swivels. What I should have asked is, does the tongue swivel, to make it easier to load brush from the curbside?

Not to derail but I think chippers will be in demand out here when all ag burning is slated to cease next year.

I have had two of those 290 's and now use 1230's and 1250's and have to say the Morbark was much more reliable and also used much less fuel and are much lighter as well , the only drawback is how low the infeed shute , compared to the vermeer.

I went up and got my chipper back from the dealer.

It goes up on e-bay tommorow. Sunday

I'll take $ 5800 for it, less than what I would like but I need to sell this now with winter coming and hardly any worthwhile work coming in. I need to cover my bases in case this is going to be one of those long lean Illinois winters.

Hope someone here can pass this along to anyone that needs to step up to a bigger machine.

Back