192t is a dog

• Thread starter sytherstrike
  • Start date
  • Replies 79
  • Views 10K
I have three 192's. Two are modded, so have fair power, but still aren't optimal for chunking wood, or falling, thus dogs aren't much needed. That said, the plastic ones on the 192 are fairly sharp and functional, unlike those on the old Echo 280.

Lmao. Heh today I threw my chain on my 200t and when putting it back on I cut myself on the dogs, let's see you plastic doggers do that!:lol:

Haha, I gotta big slice in my galoshes from the dogs on my 660. Just that one time I wish I had plastic dogs:D

I love my 192T; I only use it for pruning jobs where you are making a lot of small cuts in the tree. Beats carrying around the 200T and you get to save the 200 for the removals.

jp:D

Plastic dogs are functional. NOT like real steel toothed dogs but PDs do manage to grab a little in bark fissures and work considerably better than totally dogless.
I'll see your plastic dogs and raise you 2 rubber duckies and a scented candle:big-cigar::D

I love my 192T; I only use it for pruning jobs where you are making a lot of small cuts in the tree. Beats carrying around the 200T and you get to save the 200 for the removals.

Yeah, I pruned the deadwood out of a Catalpa last week, and the 192 was nice for leaning way out and knocking off the little dead all over the place.

I've never ran one[192 ] but I can't visualize in my little pea sized brain a better saw than a 200T in a tree .

Al I sent that 200T I ran at the GTG, up to a guy in the MI U.P. . He said the 200T he bought new awhile back doesnt come close to that one I sent up there.
So it looks like even the 200T's are not created equal. That one I had really impressed me, it was a little ripper for sure.

Wish I would have ran the one you woods ported.

It certainly was ,I should have had you but truthfully you just flat out sawed me .;)

Never the less we got the rest of them by about 4-5 seconds ,we done good .:beerchug:

It's certainly not a better saw than the 200, but it does have its applications. Just like surfing, you need different saws for different conditions.

I let my groudies use it, even they could not get into much trouble with what could be considered a glorified toy saw...

No but I have several. What's with you?

And the period goes at the end of a sentence, not the beginning of the next. :|:

Ok, can i try and convert you anti- 192 guys?:what:

I`ve been running one for about 4 or 5 years now, when i got mine i did the muffler mod, and its never been any trouble since, and used near every day too.

Since you guys dont like the idea of the plastic dawgs, and after reading what Wagnor said, i tried fitting a stock dog from my 200 onto the 192, and yes, it fits straight on:)

These little saws have the misfortune of having a big brother known as the best top hander in the world. A very big thing to live upto, but, it is not meant to be compared to the 200, it is in a different league, it is a bit more flimsy and built a bit cheaper, perhaps wont live as long either, but the price does reflect all this!

These little saws do have a place in most tree work (in my opinion), but just to make a more flexible range of saws. Mine sits in the truck along side the 200, not instead of it8)

So, any of you old timers going to try one?:P

Back