020 AVP Super with FS202 trimmer, brush cutter and HS 202

Ax-Man

Don't make me chop you
I swiped these two gems if this is what you want to calll them about 2 -3 years ago off of E-Bay. I posted a pic of the hedge trimmer attachment for an 020 a long time ago but just brought it back up. It was easy enough to bolt that up to a good looking saw I had on the shelf. The trimmer brusher was a different story because I didn't a good powerhead to attach it to.

That problem solved itself a couple of weeks ago when we were doing a small clearing job for a township. My neighbor found two 020 Supers with the tophandles just laying in the ditch just up the road from us and stopped to see if I would want them. I never turn down an 020 especially a Super. I gave him a few bucks on the spot for them, he was happy and I was too. The 020 on the trimmer turned out to be a runner and a good one that just needed the carb unstuffed. The other saw was basically a donor saw for a good stripped down 40mm 020 engine I had. The donor saw provided a nice carb,ignition,clutch and other small parts. I just made it into another beater rear handled 020 Super for work. That is the other saw in the trimmer picture.

I couldn't be happier as both saws as they have turned out to be very good running saws for basically just my time and a few bucks invested in them. I just wish the saw or powerhead on the trimmer looked better because that 202 attachment is like new. A better looking saw would make that look new back when ever this was available from Sthil.

I have the brush cutter attachment for the FS202 but no blade:cry:. I thought I had something around here that would work but no go on that one. I hope one is still available from Sthil as this is what I was interested in seeing how it performed cutting brush.

I doubt I ever seriously use these two 020's with the attachments. They are just for show. The newer stuff today is much more user friendly. I just wanted to add a little more to my collection of 020's.

Attachments

• PB140090.JPG
    PB140090.JPG
    189.2 KB · Views: 3
  • PB140089.JPG
    PB140089.JPG
    204.2 KB · Views: 3
  • PB140088.JPG
    PB140088.JPG
    213.9 KB · Views: 2
  • PB140087.JPG
    PB140087.JPG
    209 KB · Views: 3
I figured as much, but where does the body of the saw go? Up against your gut???

Ahh, I think I see it...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The engine does go behind you just like any other trimmer ,brusher. The throttle cable is mounted off the far right so it doesn't interfere with the operation of the thing. I don't know if that cable would get in the way or not working in some overgrown brush patch.

That sling is chinsy. It was a spare I had laying around that you use for edging your lawn. The regular deluxe shoulder harness for the heavier clearing saws is much more user friendly because the weight is carried on both shoulders which distributes the weight better on your body.

I'll stick with the newer stuff also;). This thing is just an antique and is made to play around with. I doubt it would hold up to serious work. That handle on the saw head does make picking it up easier. I have banged the handle twice all ready taking it out the door for the pics and tuning the carb:lol::lol:

I've got an old heavy duty weed wacker in the shed with a set of handles like that .They look like the old "steer horn " handle bars from an old Harley .

Back