What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 468K
low 50s, and it rained all day. Spent the day inside with the door open and the cat in my lap. Pretty good day :^)

Rainy, in the 40s-50s. Help get a school garden site prepped in the rain. Pruned a japanese maple, cleaned off the root crown, and snipped some roots, as needed.

Cooling down around here. Supposed to rain later, and perhaps a few flakes of snow. 50s today, 40s tomorrow. I'll probably close my windows tonight, and might have my first fire tomorrow.

Stupid pretty weather the last ten days, likely to hold for another three or four. Upper 20's to low 30's mornings, mid 50's for highs mid afternoon, with clear skies for the most part. Dense fog in the valley, but we're above that here. Woodstove going in the mornings and evenings. Darn nice weather for November.

Getting in some fence repair that we didn't expect to be able to do this late in the fall. Good stuff.

Leaves all fell from my Mulberries overnight and are now covered with snow. Never had a chance to get them up...Looks like we'll have a white thanksgiving like back in the old days

Sure is a nice morning. Brisk and clear. Lit a fire, and did laundry. Just went out to hang it, and the pecan is shedding leaving like crazy. Making a gentle clattering sound as they fall. Really pretty outside :^)

Pecans are cool for the nuts, but they mostly look so crappy. I've never drove past one and thought 'Damn! What a beautiful pecan tree!!!' Has ANYONE?

Sun came out this afternoon...Snow finally melted enough to blow some leaves...ran a tank through the blower...

I did 2 tanks, and i have to finish tomorrow. I only do them once a year tho, on account of my laziness:D

Pecans are cool for the nuts, but they mostly look so crappy. I've never drove past one and thought 'Damn! What a beautiful pecan tree!!!' Has ANYONE?
It isn't much to look at as a specimen tree, but it fills in the space amongst the walnuts well. This is the first year I particularly noticed the leaves falling. That made it kind of special. I'd like to have more trees that create leaf showers. Starting to run out of room in the back yard though. Need to keep a little patch of sun so I can dry my laundry.

I did 2 tanks, and i have to finish tomorrow. I only do them once a year tho, on account of my laziness:D

I only got one front yard done out of three:( have another tank at least to go for the next tomorrow...then I can start my Sister's place, which all gets loaded n barrels and carried to the woods...then I'll blow the field edges and the woods area so I can mow it again next year.

I always wanted a vacuum trailer, i think that is the way to go. I can't complain tho, i get to burn them here, so blow in a pile and torch it up.

Back