How'd it go today?

Quick Akimbo vid. Really enjoying this device. :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/D3HJCoguyCs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm an old school taut-line hitch guy. Started climbing in 1978. That looks pretty slick. I'm a bucket baby these days but if I were to start climbing again, that looks interesting.

Nice video Sam...I had a prototype to try for a while and the only thing I couldn't quite get dialed in before it went back to Denmark :/: was the best setting for limbwalking, it was still a bit jerky.
But since then I saw a video that really explained how to activate it properly for descent, how you should be gripping/holding it and your video looks like you have that down pat.
I loved it for ease of installation and going up was a dream with the self tending, and I always felt very secure on it.

Me too Bermy, I think it feels very secure. It wasn't a big change from the Wrench actually. The Akimbo has a smaller sweet spot in the engagement vs a hitch. Smaller, but it's there. One handing took some getting used to. Haha

Dropped the kid off at camp, got a smile and hello from an aforementioned hot mom. Didn't run into another hot mom I know, whose kid is returning this summer/going there this week and into the future, I believe.

Met up with an old customer, one of my first. Mowed his large lawn my first year in business. One of my first stump grinds after removing a spruce in the front. Multiple cables. Port orford cedar root disease removal. Alaskan false-cypress removal, giant birch removal. Maybe something else. Now these. Grass turned into much more. His was the last lawn I mowed.

Sad to see his wife having short-term memory problems/ dementia starting. She wasn't too keen on these removals. I got him on the idea of making a bench for them by the firepit for with the family. Two nice 2" slabs, 5' long, to make the seat and backrest. He'll have some brackets/hardware fabricated if he can't find it online.

Emergency call from a regular customer. A madrona tipped over at the root collar, taking out the neighbor's power mast, coming to rest on their timber-frame entry area outside the front door. No big deal. Handled it myself. They have 2 large dead madronas to come down. Guess who they want.

Banged over three small deodora cedars, approaching 20" on the butt. One trick shot to protect the drain and plants. Drive up access for brush.

Local mobile miller came out and we split 50/50, and I took the waste/ firewood. Waaay better than me taking 100% as firewood that I don't want. Drive up access for slabs.

Left my camera at home.

My 12 year old hand-truck gave up the ghost as I was bouncing back on it, pulling on the handle, to get the log up onto the axle, it folded where it has been bent since some max-capacity oak logs two years ago.

Lotta commotion at pick-up time, and have to get the timing right to cross paths, and not be as subtle as a brick over the head.

Supplying some nature-play materials and slabs for a bench is a win, all around. Easy conversation starter.

Luck to you, Sean. Don't dither, handsome ladies don't go unattended long, if I recall correctly :).

Unless there are mitigating issues :/:.

Good looks are not always the strongest indicator of good partner potential...I have observed over the last 50 some years :D.

Well I took off from the 4th to the 11th. From Monday on my tendinitis flared up in my left wrist. Ibuprofen and ice is helping but still hurts like hell. Other than that things are great. The boy turned three today and is having a blast playing with his new log truck and crane. Fried up a big sirloin and onions while the wife made baked potatoes and a cucumber salad for dinner. Life is good

I taxied 4 adolescent girls to 7-11 for Free Slurpee Day. One of the joys of fatherhood is the heroic deeds you can accomplish.;)

From Monday on my tendinitis flared up in my left wrist. Ibuprofen and ice is helping but still hurts like hell.

Try a velcro wrist wrap, and acupuncture, and massage, and stretching, and strengthening that doesn't aggravate it. Maybe a chiropractor or similar, too

Try a velcro wrist wrap, and acupuncture, and massage, and stretching, and strengthening that doesn't aggravate it. Maybe a chiropractor or similar, too

When the inflammation goes down, consider if a rubber band over fingers and thumb, to work extensor muscles might help. Push-ups to warm up always helped climber's elbow when rock climbing. Tendonitis sucks.

Are you having to cut and chuck a lot?

If I'm not snap-cutting, or whatnot, and have dynamic forces while cutting, I peel stuff a lot. Let the tree fibers absorb the force, amap.

Not much cut and throw these days. I’ve adapted to working differently because of my shoulders. They feel great now. I have a slight grinding feeling in my wrist and the top side of my forearm is swollen a bit. Pain hits with certain movements, mostly thumb related. Actually it only grinds with the thumb moving. Prolly from these damn smart phones. I shall sue Apple

Have you been to a PT or sports medicine person?

Yay, Fix-a-flat, truck size! Went in for groceries, came out to a hissing chipper tire. Already late in the day, started on the job a bit late. Limped it home.

When I went to fill the tire fully at the gas station a 1/4 miles away, the first Fix-a-flat seal blew out, but I could stop with the hole down while waiting to go, and got to an auto parts store for more Fix-a-flat (back-up and restock).

Well it could have been transmission fluid
Yup....
It's been a week.
Dead pressure pump so sponge bathing till it arrives.
Yesterday, a leak somewhere in front of the 4x4.
There is a list. But those were the bigger two events.

Back