How'd it go today?

4 HOURS?

Sharpen the scissors!

Do you live out of town, Rich, with some space for all your stuff?

Some midwesterners love their open lawns. I cut trees down in the far corner of a lawn, a BIG LAWN, Acres of lawn, so they could have more grass, and probably less leaves.

I'm always trying to get rid of lawn, and would mow a lot less, if not for weeds and fire-danger of tall, dry grass. Somehow I have a lot of dry wood products around.

My current suggestion to customers is let the lawn be a fine Rug, not the Carpet.

I did. It will be ready tomorrow. It's coming from another dealer down in Fort Meyers, Florida, and they're installing a bed liner and running boards.

Yes. Many beer breaks. The 60” zero turn is getting the head gaskets replaced so back to a 42” cut riding mower. Takes way longer. No chance of having straight lines by the end with a break every 1/2 hour.

Lawns...I could do largely without. Were it not for cheap fuel and power-mowers, most people would do largely without, I think.

Wrapped up another job. Just firewood cutting after chunking two spars the rest of the way. My employee did the raking and blowing. Some rain. Loaded up the loader and a couple deodora cedar mill logs. and a couple tarp loads of dirty brush. Bit more rain. So it goes. The Governor declared most of western WA as being in a drought.

Got another firewood rack laid out and started the splitting and filling at home, going to be a fir, maple, madrone winter.

Sold a couple jobs. Three fir takedowns, cable and brace an oak...existing client of 10 years. The portable chip-box trailer/ mini hauler will work out nicely. He can use 5 yards down in the back garden where I couldn't take a truck of chips. Rest out in front for their use.
Lots of plants beneath so we'll do some rigging. Might do a lot of swing logs of a gin-pole where there is an open landing-zone on one side. Should be fun to fling some logs, helicoptering about. Don't have to worry about any damage to rigging tree, as its going away.

Going to get my log arch out for a trial run to see how big of spar logs I can move to the neighbors a few houses down! Couple weeks out. I love not having to haul often.

Second bid, new customers:
So convenient of the company to have danced a jig on the doug-firs next door while pruning them, making spur-wounds easily visible to naked-eye of a homeowner, after I pointed them out. It surely helps the sale for spurless tree care. Three 100'+ firs, easy enough canopy-raises, over a tight garden dropzone for lowering, and some speedlining into the open, where there is mini-access for the uphill haul to the road.

Some midwesterners love their open lawns. I cut trees down in the far corner of a lawn, a BIG LAWN, Acres of lawn, so they could have more grass, and probably less leaves.

I'm always trying to get rid of lawn, and would mow a lot less, if not for weeds and fire-danger of tall, dry grass. Somehow I have a lot of dry wood products around.

My current suggestion to customers is let the lawn be a fine Rug, not the Carpet.

I have planted 119 trees and counting on my 3.25 acres to do just that get rid of the grass. Oaks (reds, swamp whites, regal princes, pin), tri-color beach, arborvitae, sugar maple, Kentucky coffee, bald cypress, weeping Norway spruce, weeping hornbeam, yellow wood, and have some ironwood on order. I don't want to have to mow when I am old.

Ran the 2511 chopping up a small cherry blow over on a condo maybe 6-7" DBH, I LOVE that saw! And so do the other guys I might have more business for Nutball.

I haven’t planted that many trees yet on my property. 4 I think. But I’m mostly in the woods. Even still I’m trying to get rid of most of the little lawn that I have. Sean, that’s hilarious what you said about cutting trees in acres of lawn for more lawn. To each their own but I don’t get it. I think it’s a weird status symbol thing left over from the Middle Ages.

I love my lawn, looks nice, provides the ideal backdrop for the flower beds.

I’m about to mow it as luck would have it, so I’ll post up some pics afterwards.

There you go.

Don’t harangue me about edging it, I hate strimming so only do that every 3rd cut, I’m not that mad!

Attachments

• 56FD79FC-052A-4DA7-82E4-D539F68240D7.jpg
    56FD79FC-052A-4DA7-82E4-D539F68240D7.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 03F3DCEC-C7B9-403A-8FCB-01649F49BE30.jpg
    03F3DCEC-C7B9-403A-8FCB-01649F49BE30.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 37
Looks like a peaceful and beautiful piece of property! The building is very cool looking too, is it very old?

Good luck on all your tests Kyle.

I'm with Mick. I love my lawn. Mines left in quite a natural state for the most part as far as weeds and whatnot. A 'file' photo of my place. But I've got endless lawn, pasture, and field.

Before anyone asks, my house is like 60 years old. :P

IMG_0974.jpg

Yeah gate test to get job. Thx man. Inverter machine was fighting me, likely has a board out (highly likely considering it wouldn't even weld on the tig function), but we'll see what we have on site. Should be a good little deal.

In other news i get terrible reception in the hotel, so my posting may be sporadic.

Back