Echo 355T

Nice work kenny.You scared the fence;)my only complaint with the echoes
Are that the chain brakes are a little stiff.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I did not liked my 193, i wrecked it a few years back.

I cracked my brake chain a couple of days ago, zip lining the echo for refuel :lol:, it hit the ground hard and cracked a section of the brake bar, making a bit difficult to unlock. Need to replace soon.

I cracked my brake chain a couple of days ago, zip lining the echo for refuel :lol:, it hit the ground hard and cracked a section of the brake bar, making a bit difficult to unlock. Need to replace soon.

If your groundie shakes the line, it causes the load to come down slower.

Stubs are dangerous and should be cut flush.

One flipline is great as long as nothing goes wrong. If something goes wrong, one flipline isn't great.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QEyXoCwLOP0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

But if you could stop as soon as you felt the metal, I bet it wouldn't have cut through.

Most of us woulda felt that and stopped cutting.

That fellow was actually cutting the line.

Non the less.
If your life line is not set, and you get an injury, how are you going to bail? What about a wasp or bee nest. Get stung to shit while setting your line to bail.
Also, gaff out, and those little stubs impale you. No stubs. Hell on rope too.

I run with a climbing system that always reaches the ground when cutting. IF I didn't want to use a climbing line, I'd use two fliplines. Until you're on a sizeable tree, two fliplines are almost as easy as one. Gives a bigger grip, too.

I gaffed out & stuck the saw into my right arm (beneath the bicep), lacerating my brachial artery. I had my lines organised so I could bail. I applied a tourniquet on hitting the deck & after a intense ambulance ride, emergency surgery saved my life.
Not my finest hour.

I shudder to think of how it would've went if I got hurt climbing in the woods when I was taught. The safety rule was, don't get hurt. Belt, flipline, hardware store nylon rope and an axe, jammed in the belt to go up with, didn't get a saw unless you really needed it. Bump, slice small limbs/stubs, bypass large limbs free. Stupid stuff.

Sometimes old habits die hard, but not for me once I learned of proper gear/techniques for safety it was a no-brainer to me. But I know of a few guys locally that as arborist still freeclimb, or one tie in.

Haha! Old school injury insurance.
You get hurt OTJ, they pour booze down your throat, beat you up and leave you at a bar.

Correct, I've clipped my core wire before but i soon as i felt it i stopped, only removed the cover, still used it for 6 more months :lol:

Good point
Non the less.
If your life line is not set, and you get an injury, how are you going to bail? What about a wasp or bee nest. Get stung to shit while setting your line to bail.
Also, gaff out, and those little stubs impale you. No stubs. Hell on rope too.

Back