O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

A follow up on the springs. Here's a couple pics to hopefully give some perspective on the truck stance. I bought the HD springs which are rated for about 1400 lbs more than the original. Not sure if they are for a different version of the truck, possibly what evolved into the F550? They also have the HD springs for the front which have 3 leaves instead of 2 and are rated for 1125 lbs more. I may end up buying those as well depending on how it handles and if I feel like stiffer springs up front would be beneficial.

43-901HD rear
43-630HD front

I got to drive the truck with a full load of chips today. Still had 2.5" of travel between the axle and the bump stops. What a difference! Handles much better as well. Cornering is easier/safer and the suspension actually moves when you go over bumps. I'm very pleased with this upgrade. More people need to look at stuff like this on their older work trucks.

Stig does Hoffman suck at responding? Every time I call I get a busy signal and it's coming up on two weeks for a email response.

Stig does Hoffman suck at responding? Every time I call I get a busy signal and it's coming up on two weeks for a email response.

They have recently changed their email adress.
Check to see if you have the right one.
They've always been very good at responding to me.

I have sent emails to both of the emails listed and have a message via Facebook into them. So maybe I'll hear back? One email address is to the owner from what I understand.

I got some more good stuff from USA today.

10 dozen hardhead wedges.

Talked our local Vermeer dealer into shipping them for us, since Bailey's won't ship to Europe any more.

12" is all we use.

You are right, Justin.
Nothing else even comes close.
That is why I panicked a bit when Bailey's wouldn't ship them.

Back