In The News...

There's been plenty of it around BC.

I don't have much sympathy for addicts whether they be a street person or a lawyer or a millworker or whatever. I was prescribed oxy for having my wisdom teeth pulled. I took it, was frigging awesome. When I didn't need them anymore I stopped taking them, sweated a little and went on living a normal life.

I know doctors prescribe them and whatever. But ffs has personal responsibility completely flown out the window? You have to be a f-cking moron to not know that pain pills are addictive and harmful. But a doctor prescribed you some so now it's no longer your fault you're an addict?

My elderly neighbor had some oxy and I wanted to see what all the fuss was all about. I got a couple pills, dropped them, and promptly fell asleep.

Wut??? That's Oxycotin?

Meh...

And how many of his patients do you think he bamboozled into taking pills? Or maybe, just maybe that's why his patients went to him. Just to get pills. Some people will grease the palm of a doctor as a 'patient' for the right prescription. Is that still someone else's fault that they are an addict or overdose?

There's been plenty of it around BC.

I don't have much sympathy for addicts whether they be a street person or a lawyer or a millworker or whatever. I was prescribed oxy for having my wisdom teeth pulled. I took it, was frigging awesome. When I didn't need them anymore I stopped taking them, sweated a little and went on living a normal life.

I know doctors prescribe them and whatever. But ffs has personal responsibility completely flown out the window? You have to be a f-cking moron to not know that pain pills are addictive and harmful. But a doctor prescribed you some so now it's no longer your fault you're an addict?

Agreed, to an extent (of course!)

But not everyone is as......level headed, for the sake of a better word.

Now, and this harks back to an earlier thread, there were peeps that opined all drugs should be legal, take it if you like free will and all that.

Should these opioid pills be freely available, and devil take the hindmost?

I've never ever been for legalization of all drugs myself. I remember others saying they were. But not me. Pot should be legal and beyond that I'm not for legalizing any of the 'hard' drugs.

No im not for legalizing coke or any hard drugs. To addictive. I've tried it, many many years ago now. It immediately triggered the 'f-ck no' response in me. Run away.

I grew up in a booming little logging town. Coke ran rampant. Tore apart many families of people I know. Pot ran rampant there too, tore apart the pantries at worst of many families I know too.

Have you ever done blow Jim? It's silly to compare it to weed.

You never answered my question Jim. If you've ever watched the sun come back up as your grinding your teeth and staring across the table at your bud thinking wow do I look as shitty as he does? And all you can think about is getting your hands on some more. Then you would understand that coke and pot are not at all alike.

I'm not going to answer your silly question Jim. I'm a bit sleep deprived but it seems like you are grasping at straws at best.

No, I have not done coke.

I have many friends that have done and continue to do coke.

Some of them are coke heads....some of them are bankers.

Some of the folks I know that smoke pot are hard working members of society, some of them are slugs.

Okay....just to be sure now......we all want what we like to be legal, or continue to be legal.

What we dont like we want to be illegal or remain illegal.

That about right?

To sum it up. You are asking my opinion. Yes if I was in charge pot would be legal and coke and all other hard drugs would be illegal. If you're curious about a certain drug, just ask. :drink:

Coke is rife and has been for a long time, I have friends (and family) who?ve been keen on it for decades. For some of them that they can afford it and don?t lose control is enough to justify its continued use.

Others have totally lost their shit over it.

Back