In The News...

I've been to the doc three times (in 15 years) when my back spasm'd out and I could barely walk...each time I got a prescription for Diazapam (valium) and Prodiene Forte (paracetamol and codeine)...told to take them together...but it might make me sleepy...
Yes, I took them to deal with the acute pain but later I've taken back the excess tablets (1 script is 30 tablets) because 'gasp' I don't need them!
While I appreciate the pain relief, wouldn't it be safer and better for the doc to perhaps give me enough for 2-3 days then say come back if you are still bad and we'll review?
He's probably somewhat betting on my personal fortitude that I don't continue to take them past what I need...who needs 30 Diazapam tablets for a back spasm??

I self-refer myself to the physio as well, because isn't it better to actually fix the problem than keep running to the doc when my back hurts...they should also be referring people with chronic pain issues to allied health services.

'They' (in Oz) are about to make over the counter paracetomol/codeine now only available by prescription...
Thankfully I can still get relief I need for the aches and pains of a hard days work with an aspirin.

Comes out tomorrow and already a #1 Best Seller on Amazon...Should be at least as reliable as Clinton Cash.:lol:

Attachments

• ff.jpg
    ff.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 47
The joke is,

"Welcome to Utah. Set you watches back 20 years."

Utah is a weird place. I lived there 6 months (but over half was in the backcountry), then I moved to Colorado.

I'd love to live in Utah or visit, if it wasnt for the Mormons. I had it halfway right, I'm white.

Reminds me of this quote:

"When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Cincinnati because it is always 20 years behind the times)

- Mark Twain.

Utah is about as communist a place as your going to get in the states. the church takes care of everyone. you don't see homeless much and the streets are shiny clean. the schools are well maintained and if you buy in you always have a large community at your back.

Does utah like the Feds, or generally opposed? Im guessing opposed.

Utah is about as communist a place as your going to get in the states. the church takes care of everyone. you don't see homeless much and the streets are shiny clean. the schools are well maintained and if you buy in you always have a large community at your back.

Everyone????
...if you are a white mormon who abides by all the rules, especially a male.

All the 15-16 year old girls (youth at risk, wilderness therapy/ medium security juvenile justice system facility) all had smoked meth. Maybe the streets are clean, but there are still going to be homeless people, I'd bet money.

Its far from a utopia.

Does utah like the Feds, or generally opposed? Im guessing opposed.

They would probably want to secede. Separate from the godless heathens.

Polygymy had to be officially given up as part of statehood, I believe.

FIRST people I ran across in SW utah, coming in from NM, polygymists. Girl was about 14, with a diamond wedding ring. I thought it was tween make-up she was wearing, then I saw the ring. They owned a cafe way out. She served me.

I had a girlfriend once in high school or just e year after high school I think. I remember two Mormon guys showing up randomly knocking at the door. They were there to try to convince her to come home to Utah and the church and all that jazz. Very serious about it. They were on a 'mission'.

I tried to explain to them they were too late. I had already corrupted her. Lol.

They would probably want to secede. Separate from the godless heathens.

Polygymy had to be officially given up as part of statehood, I believe.

FIRST people I ran across in SW utah, coming in from NM, polygymists. Girl was about 14, with a diamond wedding ring. I thought it was tween make-up she was wearing, then I saw the ring. They owned a cafe way out. She served me.

Haha! Last I knew only California was talking about leaving.

Mean old Mormons......

Everyone????
...if you are a white mormon who abides by all the rules, especially a male.

All the 15-16 year old girls (youth at risk, wilderness therapy/ medium security juvenile justice system facility) all had smoked meth. Maybe the streets are clean, but there are still going to be homeless people, I'd bet money.

Its far from a utopia.

there are a lot of Mormons from all over the world. their missions really do harvest some souls. they certainly put in the work.. you'll find salt lake city to be amazingly diverse. but you do have to be an active part of the church to reap the communist benefits of Mormonism I'm sure.

Obligatory 2 year 'missions' to convert people, since everyone else is wrong. Joseph Smith had the proof from God on the golden tablets that are readily visited by everyon... oh no, God only revealed the tablets to Joseph, and then took them back. Such a charlatan.

there are a lot of Mormons from all over the world. their missions really do harvest some souls. they certainly put in the work.. you'll find salt lake city to be amazingly diverse. but you do have to be an active part of the church to reap the communist benefits of Mormonism I'm sure.

Otherwise you're a second-class citizen.

You know the Mormon bible also holds down darkies, right? Recently changed in the church doctrine, so I'm sure everyone is up to speed on changing beliefs of holding other humans as inferiors.

I didn't visit SLC, hardly. Its beautiful. Their leader never saw it, because he was lynched in IL. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Joseph_Smith

Another self-proclaimed religious crook.

You dont have to go on a mission. You can join the military instead.

Lots of Mormons I know did that. Dad served with a bunch of them.

Mormons take care of each other, and are prepared for just about anything. Not uncommon for them to have a couple year's worth of food stored away.

Stuck out in the desert in an attempt to weed them out.....I dont blame them.

The govt actually asked some of them to move into this valley back when they first got it so the river would run all year.

They wanted to develop irrigation, and who better to ask but the Mormons.

Near as I can tell, the Mormons up here have never turned anyone away who asked for help. Maybe its a community thing though.

Back