New toy!

I don't like the light bar on my 200T. I mount only the heavy one.
The light bar twists and bends in an angled/horizontal cut, only with the chainsaw's weight !
I can't see that as a well engineered part. Not enough sturdy.

I just bought and am using a 460 built by White River Chainsaws in Washington. Cylinder is milled, woods ported, and has dual port muffler. It's plain nasty. It's just a very very aggressive saw. Performs like the next engine class up. Between the professional mods and precision chain set up, this saw walks itself through the wood. With every passing year I'm seeing more and more that attention to my chains determines more then the engine of the saw. I constantly stop work and take 2 minutes to put one pass of the file on each tooth. Especially if I'm falling hardwood timber. Bore cutting is a dream when I keep my chains razor sharp with the right angles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hmmm, I've never had that issue with the light bar on a 200/201. I wonder if it has to do with the tree type in our respective work areas?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I fully agree that the best thing one can do to a saw is a good bar and a sharp chain with proper rakers.

Chain is everything. Take a 660 and put a dull chain on it. It loses all usefulness. But take a 260 and spend a half hour on the tailgate dressing each tooth and taker to perfection and now the saw exceeds what Stihl engineered it to be capable of on average. Everyone thinks they sharpen well but truthfully I feel most don't. Some get the chains razor sharp but they cut rough as hell and cut away at the life expectancy of the saw. And while the chain is sharp, it doesn't actually walk itself through wood smoothly because the angles are junk.

Sometimes I'm good, sometimes I'm less than good.

As business has got better (and chains have got cheaper) I chuck them in the bin if they play hard to get.

No use being a damn fool about it.

We all have our good and not so good days. Sometimes my hands just don't feel as strong as normal, I think.

Chris is right, well shaped and sharp chain is vital.

True, it's a remarkably draining job for me to sharpen a saw as best I can (which is goodish at best)

It's a mixture of effort, knowledge, control, patience and determination, qualities that even my friends would not attribute to me on a good day.

Reading glasses, a spotlight, a workshop vice and a good file help of course.

I've been known to add extra magnifiers on top of my glasses in addition to the bright light and the bench vice.

Funny,I've never really liked the 46 model. 44 was a favorite pastime no doubt,66 is a hog for sure. Just never had a liking for the 46... I'd much rather a 372. I do and have used them,just not impressed,never any issues with em ,idk wth wrong me
💨😖

I can't recall the stats off the top of my head but I'm Quite confident that it added up so basically if you were carrying a 44 why wouldn't you carry a 46. I had six or seven 46,460,461's. All of them proved basically bulletproof, beautiful saw modded too.

Back