In The News...

Yup, not good. From what I've read it was due to an overpressure situation, possibly caused by electronic controls. I'm not sure how that would happen exactly, and to the point of piping failures that would lead to gas release, but not good.

I bet that the next time, there will be less much companies willing to aid. Nice move !
And what if the utility companies send the repair bills to the municipalities?

Geez with all the politically inclined folks here at the House, I'm surprised no talk of the Kavnauagh hearing. Truly a beefy topic on so many levels.

So beefy it probably is too much to discuss via typing, at least for me. But I will say that initially after watching his testimony I felt he didn't do it. After more reflection and research, I feel he probably did it and doesn't remember it or he blocked it out or blacked it out and doesn't remember doing it. Shocking to me he didn't watch her testimony.

Well in my opinion I feel if somebody is capable of doing something like that once then it is highly likely they will do it more than once. And the fact that he is a highly respected person and every single person who has known him in the last 35 years speaks highly of him with no hint of any other sexual scandal tells me that he is probably not the type of person to do something like this.

Not to mention the highly biased nature of the accuser along with her lawyers and all who are bringing the charges. And the fact that every single person she said was there has denied the party even happened. She has zero proof and zero credibility.

I believe they actually denied memory of the party...not that it ever happened...big difference.

The lack of witnesses could easily be from fear of retribution...very rich, connected & powerful man, and selected by a very vengeful, rich, powerful person.

Very easy to get tons of favourable letters of support for a person of his stature & money. She had many too, but is also not without means & support...

I watched both entire testimonies.

If this was a hatchet job it was a pretty good one...

Great strategy by the majority party to use a Prosecutor to question her...just by word association it made her look like a defendant.

The most I got from it was that he doesn't have the emotional reserve to be a Justice on the Supreme Court...but I'm betting he will be after the dog & pony show is over.

I seriously think he snorted something before his testimony...He came out raging, red faced, constantly sniffing, and very articulate...coming down, as the day wore on, he was more calm but highly frustrated & disrespectful...his answers became less mindful, many times having answers that had no relevance to the questions...this with having ~Two weeks to prepare for testifying.

Going to be an interesting Midterm...

It was a bit stupefying. I only watched the last 1/2 hour or so, which was enough to make me question who are those people who can sit around all day and conduct/observe such a process? That there heads don't explode makes me wonder about them. As Hannity said, it was a display of politics at its worse.

Yes I sat through it all...wasn't enjoyable or easy

It was grueling to say the least...never...ever, have I been more disgusted when observing our elected representatives...and that goes for all of them!

It was very disappointing...but did give some insight into a very partisan candidate for a judgeship.

His open disrespect for the panel, and whining outbursts that had nothing to do with what he was asked was astounding.

Good observations, Dave. And shows you call a spade a spade and follow logic and reason rather than party lines.

It was pathetic how every Repub was all solicitous to da judge and every dem was all pointed and aggressive.

Agreed...and the questions were all agreed upon Party questions, same over and over...not an individual thinker or open mind on the entire panel...

Were you surprised the judge had not listened to the victim's testimony?

Cory, Not really...he was busy rehearsing his opening statement. His performance was what was important to him...

Going to be lots of unhappy folks on one side or the other whether he is confirmed or not. I think it would be a bad move to confirm him, just by his performance at the hearing, but the midterm elections are looming and I've a feeling the republicans will ram him through out of fear of having to come up with a candidate more acceptable to the opposing party (not on the "Federalist" list).

Back