Tree felling vids

Well I got around to getting a helmetcam at last. The tree was not the best for footage, but I did learn alot about filming & editing. Hope you like it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rpi_USrSss0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shoot yeah...liked seeing the natural rigging.

I'd have been afeared that first rigged limb might come off the standing part of the tree...good show there.

Not seen that, epic, scary stuff.

Point was made a while back about some tree guys taking risks like that to avoid crushing a few shrubs or a rose arbor or suchlike.

If a client has let a tree get in that condition they should either accept the collateral or pay big bucks for a tracked mewp or whatever.

Easy to say I know.

Not seen that, epic, scary stuff.

Point was made a while back about some tree guys taking risks like that to avoid crushing a few shrubs or a rose arbor or suchlike.

If a client has let a tree get in that condition they should either accept the collateral or pay big bucks for a tracked mewp or whatever.

Easy to say I know.

It was for Hydro I believe. Out in the bush a few hours north of here. When it's within falling distance of the powerlines there's no easy way. Even trying to fall it at ground level, There's every chance it'll just sink on your saw when you try to make an undercut. Blasting would be perhaps been the way to go....but I'd assume the wires were within falling distance. Glad the guy took the time to set up the remote ties.

Dang, all I can see is the midsection of a big tree falling apart.

It's hard to see what was going on topside.

My biggest concern is the tree catching on whatever rigging the climber was using... you just can't see it.

I'm assuming it was 100% in the clear!

That's what I wondered about, too, MB...big nasty pieces of wood flying around there. Would play hob with a lifeline and the puppet climber.

Wow, finally got a full look at that craziness. Geezus that was nuts. Plotting bang for buck, lunacy per second, that tree vid could have rocketed to #1 all time.

Seems rather lucky those tons of falling wood didn't catch his tailing line.

Anyone surprised no one seems to know who pulled that off, given todays social media connectivity. Or maybe I missed it somewhere.

Back