How'd it go today?

My wife is a librarian, between the advanced copies and her reading speed we end up giving away many books to good homes. I am wondering if something simple could be set up to fill up the shortage.

The problem is the shipping costs across the Atlantic ocean, that is why I buy in England not the US.

Light day today: 2 crewmates sick, so it was just one stump to go grind then some maintenance. Rewired the chipper brakes more permanently, then installed the new 200' 1/2" Kraken double braid winch line. Pushing the limit of the spool at 200', probably 150' would have been better. But I know it will get shorter...
:/:
16895.jpg

My Avatar

Funny looking how pale my hand is (from wearing ugly gloves) compared to the rest of me!

Uglies are good...I wear the Atlas version.

Robert...re: First Responder. My first one I did in 1993 after helping with Hurricane Andrew. I realized how vulnerable our team was in that kind of setting and tried to find a FR course...it's in between Adv. First Aid and EMT.

I could not find a course...they were "out there" but you had to be DOT or LEO etc and I was not. I somehow tracked down some great paramedics that taught FR to organizations and told them what I wanted to do. I got our folks all together and there were some volunteer firemen that somehow heard about us and they jumped in, too. We had a great learning experience...lots of hands on, vehicle extrications, used Jaws of Life, worked in bunker gear (AWFUL hot to be in and running Jaws), triage, bandaging, Mass Casualty Incident work...just lots.

2nd time was a few years ago...our Dive Team (we search for drowning victims, weapons, etc when LEO's or the EMA needs help) set up a FR course and I took it again thru them. Maybe you could find one but I was lucky enough this time to not have to hunt. You might start with CERT training thru the EMA and that might segue to FR if you persisted.

Justin is getting some good stuff right now...very challenging and mind opening.

When did Ford move the slave inside the bell housing?

Some fords were that way. Like the 5.8 zf5speed combo. Big blocks and diesels of the same years were external and from superduty on i think they were all external. Lucky me to have one that's internal. Concentric they call it. It fits on the input shaft.

I spent most of the day in the hospital having a lot of tests done.
I've signed up as a guineapig for an experimental treatment, so I'll be closely monitored before, during and after.

Best of luck with this Stig. I hope it works out.

Justin is getting some good stuff right now...very challenging and mind opening.

Yes. Just scratching at the surface of the human bodies systems has officially blown my mind.

took my boards....exam shut off in 75 questions....either did really good or way bad.....

48 hours to get results......wtf

then I went to gun range for lead therapy....felt better

Taking tests is a whole 'nother skill set altogether. You can know your shit, but until you cipher the psychology behind how tests are designed, you're SOL.

Im thinking of going into politics if it doesn't work out........

Those suck. Demands knowledge not just good test taking skills

its an adaptive test.....the better you do, the harder it gets....makes you second guess yourself. Probably half was select all questions....brutal

I'm back in Sydney for a couple of weeks. Did a job today for an old customer in the south west area.

Felt like the good old days, dead gum, hot and humid. Houses looked the same but all the people had shaved heads and beards or face veils.

Got a couple more jobs but the temperature is going up, 100F + after Tuesday and there's a storm now so it's not going to be fun next week.

Back