Remember When Friday Night Meant Something?

15 years of Friday's, the most important thing to me was getting wasted. The last year or two I was doing it solo. Some of the memories of public drunkenness still make me cringe.
Sobriety sucks too but I don't wake up full of regret anymore.

You know there is a middle ground between drunken arseholery and stone cold sobriety?

As you get older you can refine your technique and enjoy a drink without social disgrace.

I feel that too many (especially Yanks from what I read on here) give up too early in the learning process without really trying.

Eh, don't count us out yet lol. Most of the time it's a handful of drinks so I don't feel like total death the next day, yet achieves the relaxation required. With no responsibilities, being single, and plenty of money, my weekends used to be legendary. Now, i hardly even have a drink when I'm home, and i have a few after work when I'm on the road.

Friday nights mean I might get done early and have a fresh paycheck that is disbursed accordingly. I either take the evening to spend time with the heatherns, I mean kids, or get a baby sitter and take the wife out for dinner. I work most saturdays so I keep in a tolerable area. Now Saturday nights can be a bit different. I can either do what I just stated for a Friday night or go out with my buddies. When that happens (and it’s getting rare) my wife can expect a warning phone call from either the bar or very rarely the police. Not from drinking and driving. Just from being drunk and not putting up with some other drunk guys shit. Usually not a physical altercation either. I’ve learned that most of these youngsters will call the police as soon as they get someone who tells them to shut up. And when the bar calls it’s to let her know I might need some assistance getting in the house. The old days it was nothing to be out until well after closing time and somehow get home and make it to work. I still prolly drink to much but I keep it in check for the most part.

When you poor working stiffs get properly retired, you'll find as I have, that there are 7 Friday nights every week :D.

Back