The New Offical Mutts of the House thread

• Thread starter Werks 4 da Man
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 284K
I wish. Just taking a little break, paying more attention to the kids, wife, work, etc.

Foot doing ok?

Here are my two guys, Thais and Sam. Thais is a longhaired white german shepherd, my first purebred dog ever. Sam is ½ white german shepherd +½ pyreneean sheepdog. When I work in the woods, they go with me everyday, and keep me company.
The pup is Thais about 1½ years ago, he was the cutest pup I've ever had, girls simply had to pet him.

Attachments

• P5140026.jpg
    P5140026.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 96
  • P7010009.jpg
    P7010009.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 97
  • Stigs 002o.jpg
    Stigs 002o.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 97
hey BB what I was saying is that food is hightest its good stuf oh yeah we do 40 pounds every 6 days

This is mr dog.

Attachments

• lynx sara.mr dog.joh on bike.cross sit.jpg
    lynx sara.mr dog.joh on bike.cross sit.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 87
Here's Pride out muskie fishing with me. He likes to ride in the boat. 8)

Attachments

• P7090009.JPG
    P7090009.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 93
  • P7050008.JPG
    P7050008.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 93
  • P7040072.JPG
    P7040072.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 93
  • P7130015.JPG
    P7130015.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 94
Yep, back in the Midwest. Just north of Detroit on Lake St. Clair actually. It's not as bad as it sounds; "Detroit." I live in Harrison Twp, MI, which is "Boat Town USA." I live in the suburbs with no bars on the windows and half the neighborhood leaves their garage doors open at night, so I figure that's a good sign.

Boat is treating me well Gigi. I love it more every day. It's not eating nearly the gas I thought it would, which is good! It's a great boat. I need to get a different trolling motor, more suited to casting in heavier water, and I'm going to upgrade the electronics on the bow to match those on my console.

Pride wears the life jacket when we're up on the big motor. Yeah he can swim like a fish, but there's boat collisions out on the lake often enough that I want to make sure that if we thrown in the water against our will, and maybe he's injured or whatever, he can stay afloat. I wear an inflatable jacket when on the motor, so if I want one for myself, I want one for him. Then after we got to a fishing spot, I let him jump in and do a couple of laps. He wears his jacket then because it's got a handle on the back so I can pick him up like a suitcase and bring him back in the boat.

Attachments

• P7050004.JPG
    P7050004.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 86
  • P7050003.JPG
    P7050003.JPG
    154.2 KB · Views: 86
Thats awesome Jeff. I watched some tv today, a show on national geographic channel about a boat race in Australia in 1998, made me think of you and the folks at the CG, keep it up! :)

part 4 of a 5 part youtube capture of the show I just watched: 90 foot waves, 140kph wind... nasty!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/akmYZYRzHz4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/akmYZYRzHz4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Wow, whoever is operating that hoist sucks! The only thing I saw that hoist operator do right was to pull the dude out of the crest of the wave.

We have a technique called the "catenary," where you put the guy in the water and the helo backs off and pays out cable, which is still attached. This allows the swimmer to swim into the rescue and ride the waves up and down and not get dunked and drug like that, while the helo is 100'-200' back off the situation. When it's time to recover the swimmer and survivor, you fly back in, recovering cable, get overhead, and time it so that you pull them out of the top of a wave and not from the trough. Before the catenary, we had a couple of swimmers get hurt getting hit by waves.

But yeah Pauly, that's the stuff we fly in.

the one helo was Aussie air ambulance, the other (in the next vid) was an Aussie police chopper, I dunno, maybe they dont have the CG type of units there...

I am very impressed by what you coast guard types do. And do it daily.

the one helo was Aussie air ambulance, the other (in the next vid) was an Aussie police chopper, I dunno, maybe they dont have the CG type of units there...

Nah, everyone does their own thing. You'd think there'd be a "best way" to do things, but there's not. The Canukians do things differently than we do, and you guys are some of the best. Really, pretty much the US and Canadian CG's are the standards by which others train and learn from. You see some funny stuff when you watch sherriff's departments and firefighters. They're usually kinda shoestring in the air. LA County has some really good SAR/helo guys though. They're pretty well known.

Are those little guys yours Brendon?

Here's another couple of pics of Thunder who has settled in just fine. 8)

Attachments

• IMG_6903.JPG
    IMG_6903.JPG
    232.2 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_6899.JPG
    IMG_6899.JPG
    298.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_6916.JPG
    IMG_6916.JPG
    211.7 KB · Views: 101
Back