The RIP Thread...

You can pity the hell out of me, then.
Made it about ½ minute into that and ALL I could think about was how nice it would feel to break that asshole's jaw.
In about 4 places.

Different strokes Mick.

I grew up listening to the Prodigy in the early 90's Rave era. Had some great times and memories.

RIP Keith.

I remember going to America in 1997 and couldn't believe the majority of the people my age were listening to ancient music. The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Dave Matthews Band, Bruce Springsteen, Cock Rock and other old school stuff. Don't get me wrong I like some of those tunes, my favourite band is the Grateful Dead. It just surprised me that they listened to old peoples music... at least it was what I was used to old people listening to back home whereas all the youngsters were out raving and getting off their chops.

I know Rich, I just wanted them to watch a bit of it, thought it might cause distress!

“I’m the bitch you hated, filth infatuated”

Trying to educate my oldest son when he was about 4 years old.

They chose their own PPE so they could limit the exposure to the Firestarter.

Attachments

• Prodigy.jpg
    Prodigy.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 23
Lol awesome pic!!! Les Claypool is efin amazing!!! Prodigy wasn't my bag, but i can appreciate them.

I've got Primus' album "Pork Soda" in the tape player in the van this week.

Everybody thought Prodigy's "Firestarter" was awesome back in the day.

We never knew what in the fugg a Rave was or that there was music associated with such a thing.

We knew Prodigy though.

We might not have thought it was "brilliant" but we liked it fine.

Fugging sucks that all these guys we listened to end up offing themselves.

Rave music first appeared in Britain around the late eighties, closely linked to ecstasy being available (though very expensive)

Me and my mates were traipsing round the Home Counties (areas around London) in search of some underground do. Sometimes successfully, often not.

I’d had enough of it after a while, here’s a song that encapsulates perfectly that time.

A great description of seeing the sun come up whilst the comedown from the drugs hits, suddenly you realise you’re in big shit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inqL54q7aD4

Ahh, don’t know really, good question.

It was a combination of the music and drugs coupled with the whole underground nature of it that appealed. Ie new drugs, new music, new culture etc. gave it a cachet.

But can’t really offer any answers to why it never took off in your neck of the woods.

I've got Primus' album "Pork Soda" in the tape player in the van this week.

Everybody thought Prodigy's "Firestarter" was awesome back in the day.

Do you actually have a tape player Ryan? Or the proverbial 'tape player'. I thought I was the only one left with a briefcase in my truck. I do have Auto reverse and AMS though. Rolling high tech.

Back