The RIP Thread...

Hoping for the best easy end when that time comes for you mother, Dan. And as full a salute as I can muster to her lost love.

Hes been on my mind a lot lately.
She told me today that he grew up in an orphanage
And she had said that he had died during the invasion at Normandy which would have made his date of death August 7th 1944 forward not August 7th 1945 that would be exactly 75 years ago to the day

I've been crying a lot lately.

I have a picture of my uncle Roy, in uniform. He was 18, never made it back from Korea. It saddens me to know when I die it will go into the trash - I've no remaining kin to send it to. He looks like a kid...

Such is Life.

You probably do. If you thought of who you most value and asked them I bet they would be honored and would readily agree.

Also, you speak of the end being certain and on the sooner side Butch. I, and I'll bet many others, would like to know what you have most valued about your life, the way you've lived it, and what you would like to be remembered for/appreciated for.

I'm not good at goodbys or funerals but I love to talk to people about what they've brought to life and what they've enjoyed in it.

I'm no one/nothing special. Just another fool living one day to the next!

I'm mostly worried about my cat, and his cat.

What do I want? Them looked after when I'm gone.

I'd post a pic if I had a scanner...

Huh, interesting. I don't recall typing or putting in that last sentence in my post #2663.

With regard to your cats how about telling us about them. Possibly another thread if you wanted. Around me more cats and dogs are adopted than are purchased. And if people know the personality and traits of an animal I would think it would be all the easier to see them as a part of their future life. The two cats who adopted us were street cats one was feral and the other preferred to live in the out of doors to his previous owners idea of life. They both seem to think they have it pretty good. Raw home made food with supplements and high quality dry food as a side. One stays in every night and one comes in for an evening visit and then goes back outside in the summer months.

Aw crap!

lease post that pic of uncle Roy. War is such a terrible thing...

Daniel Murphy wrote that and I accidentally merged it with your post... sorry!!! :|:

Not much to say about my cats other than I'm worried about them cuz they.ve really imprinted on me and haul ass away from anyone else. I feel they might be doomed unless I outlive them.

I'll sure be giving it a shot when the time comes. My cat might stand a chance, but my cat's cat is too antisocial - I fear for her. Even I can't pick her to w/o being ripped to shreds. :(

Do NOT call me to rescue that one when she gets up in a tree....:D

I have had people tell me, "when you get up to the cat just put her on your shoulders...she likes to ride there..."

yeah, right....:lol:

I did have one family call me to rescue their cat...the previous "tree guy" that showed up could only get about 45 feet up when he "ran out of rope". Cat was about 70 feet up.

The teenage girl had asked him how he planned to save the cat before he started up the tree (shirtless he was, she said).

He said he planned to grab the cat and stuff it down his pants and climb down. I still bust out laughing every time I remember this one...:lol:

I do NOT make this stuff up.

You could start asking the nurses you deal with if they know anyone. As a cat lover myself, I know someone will take them once they hear the details of the situation. We can sweeten the deal and offer a few months of food/ litter/shots to whomever adopts them. At the expense of Treehouse donors of course.

@ Gary

Jeebus!!!

Yea, I gotta figure out something, Ryan. Maybe I'll luck up and outlive them!

I hope you do outlive them man!

The cat’s cat lol... gimme some welding gloves and I’ll get him in a kitty carrier.
It might be ok if they’re kept together. Do they go outdoors?

I'll ask my friend Peggy. She might have some ideas. She has saved cats in the triple digits over the years. When she was making good money, she wouldn't think twice about taking a stray to the vet and covering a 1,200 bill.

Back