The RIP Thread...

Bite me Bob. :P

:)

Posted in the joke thread. Meh, lots of humour is based on disrespect of some form or other. Posted in the RIP thread seemed out of place to my delicate eyes. :|:

We were both in love with the same woman.

rs_634x1024-180315083808-634-BurtReynolds-SallyField-Old-LT-031518.jpg

The psychologist who famously demonstrated the importance of being able to delay gratification to achieving later success in life died on September 12 in New York City. Walter Mischel, emeritus professor of psychology at Columbia University and self-proclaimed "Marshmallow Man," was 88.

Per Columbia University's announcement:

"Professor Mischel is revered for his work in self-regulation. He is the author of the popular book The Marshmallow Test: Mastering Self-Control. In it, he describes his groundbreaking studies of young children in the 1960s and 1970s, during which they were given the choice between receiving one immediate treat and receiving two treats 15 minutes later. The tactics used by the youngsters to distract themselves had implications for delayed gratification in adults. For example, when faced with the urge to smoke or a choice between arguing versus compromise, Mischel recommended keeping a goal in mind and focusing on the consequences of losing self-control."

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QX_oy9614HQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good innings as they say for Stan.

I was a big Marvel fan in the 70s Spidey, Daredevil, Captain Marvel and à favourite of mine Conan the Barbarian (Cimmerian)

I’m left rather cold by the film adaptations, but it brought the stories to a new audience, and made Stan a pile of money.

RIP Stan, thanks.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HnByuUqMeko" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>.

One of my fav guitarists. I don't think I missed a single episode of He-Haw, just in the hopes that he would throw down!

Back