What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 476K
Interesting question. Doing hard work? Somewhere below 25° If it's very windy with light or no work, maybe 37°. No wind, and no work, I guess 32°.

Well, it kind of depends. I pulled those numbers out of my ass. It hardly gets uncomfortably cold around here anymore, so I have a hard time judging. Wind and humidity affect the perception of temperature, and I have a larger buffer at the low end. There's also the question of clothes. How much is considered 'highly dressed?

If I were climbing at 25°, I'd wear long underwear, a Tshirt, a hoodie, and gloves. If I were dressed for a low key day surveying, I'd wear long underwear, Tshirt, A thin overshirt(the hickory is replacing that), a wool vest, a BDU shirt, an unlined filson tin vest, and gloves. I'd feel great in either scenario, and might be shedding clothes if it were sunny.

Damn, that's a lot of layers for surveying John. I'd feel like the stay puft marshmellow man if I had that much on. :lol:

Oh yeah, I meant to say earlier that the new button down hickory shirt you recently bought will put you in the lumbersexual crowd. 1/4 zip only for authenticity my friend. <grin>

Last edited:
Everything is thin. The only piece that has more than one thin layer is the vest. High mobility, low bulk, and that'll take me from 25° to 55°. The long underwear bottoms would be too hot over 55°, but otherwise, it's Jan-Aug adaptable.

After way too much rain we got a break. Sunny but windy yesterday and today. Decent temps but with the sun it feels very warm. The lawn should get mowed but everything is still saturated. Also there is still one other person on my street that hasn’t done it yet. I aim to be the last to shorten my grass for the first time of the year. It’s good for the bees anyhow

I'll be doing my grass this week. Tuesday looks like the coolest day before the rain. I'll be able to skip big chunks, which is good. I let the hill out back growup tall, and cut it with the brushcutter after awhile. A lot of fleabane comes up in the spring, and I like the way it looks.

Hot today as expected. Sweat dripping while I milled. It wasn't awful though. It was fairly dry, and felt good in the shade. I was thinking about a Swedish candle this evening, but don't feel much like sitting on a wood bench tonight.

Since a few days, it's sunny, hot, cold, windy, cloudy, rainy, hard rainy, quiet... The weather keeps changing, even the full spectrum several times each day.
In the 2 hours road trip to come back at home today, I went through 4 different rains.

Back