What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 466K
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's gonna turn to snow at higher elevetions, gonna be some good skiing out there this year if that keeps up.

Snow, wind and cold here today. :|:

Today's snow levels are about 3000-3500 meters.....aarrggh.
Then cooler for the rest of the week, but drier. This time last year we had up to 8 feet of snow on the ski hills....

Bigtime Lightning storm here right now. Haven't heard thunder that loud in a long time. Nice lightshow!!!

Ha... it's rattlin' the windows as I type...:O

It started with hail about the size of small marbles, and then it just started flashin' and poundin'! Now it's just pourin' down rain.

Gary

yup, lotsa minor flooding all around our area MB. I am a couple hours north of Gary and we had 35mm of rain over the last 40 hours or so. its ridiculous. washouts, mudslides. flooding. Ah, regular PNW fall weather.

Yesterday

Max Temp. 16.4°C Min Temp. 11.4°C Precip Total 35.8 mm

"The North Shore communities on the mountains to the north of Vancouver got a soaking, with Coquitlam recording the heaviest rainfall for the area, 101.4 mm (near 4 1/4" !!!) of rain between 5 p.m. Sunday and noon Monday."

http://www.canada.com/globaltv/national/story.html?id=e6b9498a-fdc1-4888-a29b-91ba5369d3d1

Last edited:
We jumped back up to the high sixties with occasional showers. It feels really warm out now. Weird fall.

One of my arborist buddies is stuck up at Goldmeyer Hotsprings on the Middle Fork of the Snoqualmie River. We were worried about him, then his sister got an email from the caretaker at the hotsprings, saying that he was OK. He'd been nearby with another arbo buddy Sunday, who came back, but Scott decided to stay. Then the rivers went into flood stage. Eli was ready to rent a chopper and drop food, and was also worried that Scott might have tried to drive out and got stuck or worse. Anyhow, noone knows for sure if the road is washed out or not, but it is surely not yet passable. Friday is the planned day to mount an attempt to get up there. They've plenty of food and shelter. In fact, two caretakers spend the winter there...one is darned cute....

I've posted pics of both of these guys a fair bit on here.....

The most rain has been at paradise, where it has rained 17 inches in 54 hours, and 15 at Snoqualmie......It is finally cooling down and letting up....and snow levels are supposed to be near 2000-4000 feet for the next week, so maybe we'll be skiing soon.

Yep...been surfing kayaking and river flow websites . Record cfs flows on a couple rivers, including the one Scott is stranded on......

and Paradise recorded, in one 24 hr period, 11.3 inches of rain. Here's a blog of a ranger..and pics he shot today....park closed, roads washed out, not pretty.. http://www.mountrainierclimbing.blogspot.com/

Flooding is at record levels on several rivers....gonna be a heck of a lot of folks very adversely affected.

apparently the Chilliwack river went from 50 cubic meters per mi to 1000 during the heaviest rain and for a period after. Chilliwack area has some serious flooding. thanks for the link RB.

The Navy sent some sailor voluteers over to Mount Vernon on the lower Skagit river to put up sandbags. They have put up over 13 miles of sandbags 3-4 feet high along portions of the river. It's supposed to crest tonight at 10pm PST a hair above flood stage.

My Mom and Dad live in the Puyallup River valley in the town of Orting. There are 2 rivers that run through the town. The Puyallup and the Carbon Rivers. So basically the only way out of town is over a bridge. Dad said that there were trees floatin' down the Puyallup that were easily over 100 feet long. Roots and all. So when those things get close to the bridges... we tend to worry.

Like Paully said... pretty much Typical for this time of year.

However... out here on my Island (Whidbey), we are high and dry. Well wet from rain anyways. But no flooding.

Gary

gary

Last edited:
I bet the whitewater enthusiasts are psyched! Sorry for everyone else. Almost sounds like hurricane rain totals!

Expected high of 77 or 80 degrees here today depending upon prognosticator. Can YOU say "Indian Summer"?

Been lightly snowing all day here and still going. Roads are gonna be fun in the morning.

rain rain rain rain rain rain rain, and this week, RAIN! all week. rain. with rainy periods. and spots of rain, with rain.

Rain at night and cloudy and cold in the day time. My roof is starting to leak now that our warranty has timed out.

Oh great sucking noise-roof leaks are not pleasant. At least yours isn't flat so the repair should be straightforward and findable.

Snow stopped here, looks like a chinook is coming later this week.

Back