What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 466K
High 60's today and supposed to be 45 tomorrow. It doesn't seem to go incrementally around here.

Warm upper 40's yesterday morning. Snowing now with Winter Storm Advisory and a high tomorrow in the 20's. It never gets boring, always a change coming.

65 today and sunny. Maybe 70 tomorrow and sunny, then its all downhill from there.

I may have to bust out my wool tie and socks that cover my ankles for Thursday!! :whine:

Last monday I worked in 3" of cold wet snow raising some pines beside a driveway for a lady so her snow plow guy could work. Rained the rest of the week. Friday and Saturday we had high winds so no work. It was in the high 60s today. Nice change but I got a call from a lady with a storm downed elm laying across her deck. She told me her 83 year old husband is legally blind and he wants to get the chainsaw and cut it up. 'Couln't let that happen, but tommorrow I'm taking the day off---if no one calls.
Phil

Beautiful, sunny day today, first in I don't know how long. The rain's been almost relentless since April. Tomorrow, Halloween it's expected to reach 70 F. Then it's all downhill from there ... :(

We had that same wind here in Seattle, no rain yesterday afternoon. It had rainied lightly Sat nite.

I had two calls, one fallen dead tree (no damage, no need to do anything)....But bid a good $3500 worth at that homeowner's ass'n. Then bid a maple fallen on a garage and house, in the dark. Unfortunately, they wanted another bid, and went with STP today, who they or the neighbor had used before.

Early frost last night, beautiful day today. Lows around 20 forecasted for tonight, unheard of for October in the Puget Sound lowlands.

A couple of winters ago, I called at 3am to go check out an emergency job. Someone's backyard slid a couple hundred feet down the hill and stopped on a road. Two or three trees slid down with the lawn and didn't fall over until they hit the road. I showed up to assess the tree work. The city guys decided not to do anything until morning. When morning came the customers went with another tree service. Night time calls suck.

Nice today-Sunny 60's.I had to take a midday break before going back to the retirement home to grind the stumps and go with my wife to see a bear up an elm in the middle of town.

heres that touch of rain we had ;) but in the hills you can see the snow line.

ph, the funky white tent lookin roof thing, thats the mall, about 33 yards from my front door.

Ah hah! Now I know exactly where you live! I'm a girl - I can recognize a mall by the parking lot. :lol:

It's cold this morning: -2 out, with highs up 5 or something stupid. Oh well, at least it's sunny.

It's cold this morning: -2 out, with highs up 5 or something stupid. Oh well, at least it's sunny.

Nat, your post made me grin ! Luv your good outlook... Besides, a tsunami couldn't ruin the awesome day you've got lined up !!!
Let us know how the par-tay & the hearbeat listenin' go, K. ?!?
:big-jump:
(P.S. >>> That Jumpy-Guy Smilie should just say, "TC3" next to it !!! LOL)

Ditto the acorn crop in ND. A 6' tall tree at the school had enough to solidly cover the ground beneath it. A lot for such a young tree. Squirrels should be fat.

BC is just friggen' cold, what the heck do you do all winter,ski?

Nice avitar Bivy, how high are you? And how high are you to go that high?:\:

Our weather is cool 30's (F) at night, 40's in the day. Great working weather, you can really knock it out and stay comfortable!

Its raining again. My loader is stuck again. Everything is wet.My bucket truck is puking. My windsheild wipers wont work on the chip truck.
I give up.

BC is just friggen' cold, what the heck do you do all winter,ski?

Pretty much. :D

Actually, we have the mildest temperatures in Canada. If we even get snow, (other then on the mountains) it's not much and only for a couple of days. We can work year round here.

Dropped a drive shaft and got it repaired in the last few days. almost 70 here
Great weather for a great big oak take down with 4 or 5 cuts.
Can't believe its already November.

well anyone in the pacific northwet get ready for a gooder overnight. flood warnings etcetc. local rain prediction is :
" An intense front associated with a deepening eastern pacific low is affecting the coast tonight and Monday. Southeast winds will rise to 50 to 70 km/h this evening and up to 60 to 90 over northern sectors.

This system will also bring heavy rain over several sectors of the south coast tonight and Monday. Rainfall amounts will range from 50 to 90 mm for Greater Vancouver and 100 to 110 mm elsewhere.
"

I hear ya Paully... gettin' pounded right now by the rain on My Island...

The Skagit River is forecast to overflow it's banks by mornin' in the lowlands... But what's new???:)

Gary

Back