What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 468K
Turning coolish here, 45 degrees at the moment, drizzly rain. Supposed to drop below freezing tonight. Great day for an outdoor party, which we are leaving to attend in a couple of hours. Raingear stylish :D.

Sounds like a fantastic time. I don't know where people got the idea it needs to be 90°+ with blistering sun to have outdoor activities, but they need to CUT IT OUT!

edit:
BTW, the weather's obnoxious here. Just got in, and it was 77°, and probably close to 100% humidity. Got a bunch of hard work coming this week, so naturally it's gonna be 80°-90° through Thursday. Calling for 60s Saturday, but that's little consolation after killing myself at work. Fall can't get here soon enough...

For sure. I'm just tired of sweating, and these particular jobs are gear intensive, and far from the truck. Fall's so close, but it won't get here, and it's making me angry. I despise summer, and just want it gone at this point. It's supposed to be 72° by now. That's still 2° past hot, but better than 80°+ :^/

Still snowing here. Probably about 8 inches total snow fall....settled into 4 or 5.

Lots of rain previous to that.

Been catching up on projects in the house.

Yesterday we all did laundry. Folded and put away.

I made mustard, creme fraice, Chex Mix, grilled cheese and tomato soup for lunch and a pot of beans for dinner.

Lynley made cookies.

The kids are out playing right now and I am recovering from jamming my sewing needle into my thumb.

Had to sew on two buttons this morning. Got confused and accidentally cut off a permanent button thinking it was a spare.

Then I had to sew on three buttons......

I never knew there was a proper way to sew a button, but there is.

I'm starting to see why trees don't grow there! I'm still running my AC here.

I'm working storm damage in Bermuda...anything from mid 70's to high 80's and 90% humidity...I just left WINTER in Oz so it's a bit of a struggle, ginger cordial and pinch of salt in my Camelback, freeze it the night before, last all day mostly

I do it different every time. Generally go through the holes a couple times to fix the button, wrap x? then a couple more trips through the holes. I've never had one of my repaired buttons fail. I usually use dental floss.

edit:
That didn't make sense. I do all the hole work, wrap, then tie it off on the back side. Haven't had to fix a button in awhile :^/

Measure yout thumb, Jim.
I'll turn you a thimble out of boxwood, the way they were made before the advent of plastic.

Ain't doing no thimble for a turkey!

No idea how to measure, but once you've got it, send it to me.

Can't be any harder than some of the stuff I've turned to architect's drawings.

None of which looked liked a turkey, I might have to add.

I always just use a sewing palm, i should make one but cheap one from Amazon has worked well enough

Back