What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 467K
Depends. Bears don't truly hibernate it's been found. It's more like a deep sleep. If it gets warmish out or they are disturbed they'll come out to play.

Ain't Skeered!

1) I won't disturb them.

2) It will be at least freezing during the night.

3) I will always be the fastest runner in the group!

The temperatures around here have risen nearly 60 degrees since the cold spell hit and it's still not going to get warm enough to begin melting. This is not unusual though. The snow that falls here in October typically remains until April. We've had many snow days in May. It's not terribly unusual to have a good snow event on Memorial Day weekend. As the old saying goes, "North Dakota has but two seasons.....Winter and July."

Joel

It only takes one that's hungry!

I bet no one's seen Backcountry yet, eh! :/:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/09z1RlX5zF0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It was for the boyfriend - he became bear scat. It took that bear 5 minutes to make him stop screaming. Evidently hungry bears don't go for the more humane neck bite snapping thing... they just start eating.

Man, I loved The Bear! It was a great feel-good tale. It was awesome how there was very little dialog, and only in the later part. A weird twist on filmmaking that actually worked. I liked when he discovered magic mushroons and tripped out - LOL!

Oh, and back to the thread topic: 54˚F today, balmy shorts weather. 2 quick chipping jobs, leftover drops from the previous snowstorm. Almost got stuck in the muck at a country property where they wanted a load of chips -- snow melt made everything mushy. I got out snow style, or maybe mud bogging style!

Back