What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 467K
More friggen rain and snow. My driveway is fooked so bad, I need 4wd to get to.the house. Total redo.
Job site are slippery like snot. Brick grade clay. Damntired of this shat. Going broke. Maybe work 2-3 days and reschedule. Do some quick storm throw and wait out the next storm. Don't dare work the gusty days as the dead trees are uprooting and breaking around you.
Frustration sets in spending 50.00 a day in fuel Just to go look at jobs we can't get in to do.

That's about the hell we face every winter here but this year is a real bitch. Hang in there it will get better. Sucks about the driveway.

Everyone keeps telling me it's going to warm up here and I just smh, have you even looked at the forecast! Cold, cold, more cold and then some more frigging snow. Got another 3-4"s today throughout the day. :whine:

Boy it sure is! I have no idea why this northern Goshawk is still hanging around.

Attachments

• IMG_1001.jpg
    IMG_1001.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 30
Decent day today above freezing, sunny & clear. Bracing for 6" of snow tomorrow night and dropping temps. Should be 17˚F to start the week. At least the roads should be clear upon starting the work week!

But today had to send back 2 rakers to a yard where we pruned 2 Siberians earlier in the week. There had been 3 inches of snow on the ground, so we only could do a light surface raking. Now that it'd mostly melted off, the customer was complaining.

Meh, not buying into this forecast, Stumpshot, I’m not hurting that bad. The temps are coming for sure, but I’m not feeling a front that powerful. But I’ve been wrong.

Ok, Stumpshot, seems everyone was wrong (I’ll own my part), it’s coming in, big time, just moving slower than they predicted, which may make things much worse, but I’m feeling it now for sure!

Today. Tons of rain and flooding...... Ended up helping a county guy with traffic control at one flooded crossing. Had to turn one guy in for disobeying road closed sign and traffic control. Ass hat. Oh well. Waded in and got logs out of the way in places and guided a caravan of cars into their neighborhood with flashers on as my good deed for the day....

Good On-ya, Stephen.

Sorry to hear works been so hard to get into. We had record snow, so nobody could get into tree jobs for a bit.

Glad that's gone. Dry, warmish, and the spring Pacific Chorus Tree Frogs started singing, heard through the open window (singing frog-Barry White), because I overheated the house, tonight.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_tree_frog

A rerake for a good customer is not bad business. A bad customer, meh, they can eat it.
Decent customer, but first time working for her. This was just a utility trim / light deadwooding. We fully expect the Siberians to need to be removed in the next year or so, so our hope is to get that business as well.

Yeah,Sean, I'd about kill for dry firm ground right now. Gonna take a 100 footer down tomorrow HO clean up. Want mini in case we move logs, but might be too muddy. Brining the Cant Hook.

Back