What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 468K
Warmed up here last week and machines were stuck in mud several times. Now having a winter storm again. Snow over the frozen rain, crashes everywhere this a.m. Supposed to clear up about noon.

Warmed up here last week and machines were stuck in mud several times. Now having a winter storm again. Snow over the frozen rain, crashes everywhere this a.m. Supposed to clear up about noon.

Predicted 4" or so of snow. Turned out to be closer to 8".

Trouble is mud is squishing out of the ground as you try and plow.
Spring time in the swamp.

Hard to believe, but it missed us over here this time.:P

Ah well, mud will be a change from the same old snow...:|:

We got about an inch of snow for four -five hours then it quit .There might be more later this evening .Supposed to dip down to 2 degrees from 64 yesterday .Odd weather !

We are finally stringing together a couple weeks of the highs in the upper 30's and 40's. Even saying 50 for Sunday after a high of 23 on Saturday. Never boring weather in these parts.

Tell me CL, have you ever likened yourselves to deep space explorers surviving in a very weather hostile environment?

You're kinda hangin from a rated resupply lifeline ain't yu?

Stay safe mate, and thanks for postin.

Jomo

Funny you mention that. A lot of the guys up here are just regular Joes . But there are quite a few guys that it would be pretty normal to see in extreme endeavors. I'm back drilling in the pit this week. Just 2 of us. The guy I'm working with has worked on Antarctica the past 3 years. He got back to the U.S. in September and 5 days later was on his way to The Slope. . I kinda do things that are a bit " out there " but the older I get the less allure adventure has for me.
But ya know, making a living swinging around in a tree top is pretty dang adventurous!!

-10 when I got to work. Dropped down to-25 or so when the sun set. Dark by 8 pm. . I may be up here long enough to get a pic of the midnightsun . But then I've seen it 35 under and the sun still up at almost midnight.

We're looking at at least a foot of heavy snow and winds to 70 mph overnight. The calls have been coming, but this should generate some work. In the fifties this sat with rain, so the snow should be nearly gone and working that much easier. Now, where did I put my neck?

It snowed and it blew. It generated work too. Although no tree work as of yet, the roof came of my woodshed. We only got about 6" because of the wind, but it is mostly gone already.

T-storms and street flooding here. I was on my ipad about an hour ago and plugged it in to charge it when It seemed like it was slacking off. Next thing I know I feel a jolt of electricity hit my hand holding my ipad. During that exact moment lightening struck and thunder roared! My dog is about to have a heart attack. I think it struck my neighbors tree and possibly traveled through underground wires to my house? Don't know but power is still on and everything works included my hand. Cant really see right now because still raining very hard.

Good for you V. I am not a big fan of the heat. I am quite happy to only have three weeks of unbearable heat here.

Okay, I propose a new rule. People from Florida are not allowed to post weather updates unless the temp and humidity are above 85.

Winter came back to north central Montana. I was putting straw out for bedding the cows until three this morning. :X

Wettest March on record. (Thus the devastating mud slide in Oso which made the nat'l news) Rained dang near all day today. Not bad in the am, first job, then it picked up. Never put my raingear on, soaked a sweatshirt, and then a fleece...and of course the two layers under that...pants and long johns of course.....

Chipper took a shit after 2nd job, had to rent a Vermeer 1000 to chip for Pat. It's new with 5 hours on it..has that irritating bump bar...need to clamp something on it to keep the damn thing from moving and shutting down the feed rollers. Working tomorrow. Had dinner, then dumped the truck, got home 20 minutes ago...that first beer hit the spot!

Okay, I propose a new rule. People from Florida are not allowed to post weather updates unless the temp and humidity are above 85.

Winter came back to north central Montana. I was putting straw out for bedding the cows until three this morning. :X

Hey, at least I waited till the end of March. That wasn't too cruel. If it makes you feel any better, we have not been back in the ocean yet. Another week or two for that, waiting for the water temps to hit 80.

Back