What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 468K
-32 c for a high tomorrow and then -9 on Friday. Damn near a chinook. And then deep freeze again next week. Stupid weather.

-4 F when I got home from class (and stopping by to help the mechanic for a bit). House is nice and warm. My crew is working tomorrow with a late start. I’ll be going in early to hook up generators to some of the equipment that was left on site. Calling for 50F and rain on Sunday. This weather sucks. Doesn’t last long enough to build up a tolerance to it.

-4˚F overnight (love the pictogram description, Rich!). Tomorrow will be above freezing for the high, then 50˚F on Friday, 60s over the weekend. Sheesh -- yo-yo weather. Not as bad as Chicago, though, setting the railroad tracks on fire so the trains can run:
https://www.cnn.com/videos/weather/2019/01/30/chicago-train-tracks-fire-newsource-orig.cnn
<iframe width="416" height="234" src="//fave.api.cnn.io/v1/fav/?video=weather/2019/01/30/chicago-train-tracks-fire-newsource-orig.cnn&customer=cnn&edition=domestic&env=prod" frameborder="0"></iframe>

No scarf is stopping that kinda cold. Schools closed, businesses closed, stay home and play games with the girls.

-25C wind chill -40C this morning. Powersteering pump was whining this morning on the f150.
Might look at a warm get away, like the arctic.

I replaced power steering hose last winter and again this winter. They'll only warranty for 3 months because a Caravan is notorious for blowing them.

The tips of my big toes felt like someone was holding a lighter to them all night. Minor frostbite I suppose.

3 now, -15 last night. Spent two hours trying to resuscitate my owb. Gave up and went up to the farm for diesel at 1:00 am. Going to be 54 Tuesday.

51279126_2488698334535614_7571554350984593408_n.jpg

Day started off at 9 degrees F. By lunchtime, I was basking in the sun while the chip truck was off getting dumped. A balmy 37˚F, enough to make the loose dirt work area turn pretty mushy, but then it re-froze by late afternoon before sunset.

I love winter camping. My coldest was -15 or something. I haven't camped in the winter for some years (collage age) and I am not so sure my wife would be down for that.

1 this morning feels good to be above 0.

Back