What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 467K
Good to hear from u CL!
Get some pics up, want to see what you been up too in AK ;)

Atm clear and around 20 underneath . f. Sposed to cool off tonight and the wind pick up. -42 , winds to 20 mph. . I'm not really looking forward to pokin holes in the ground tonight. I'm back up in the arctic. How y'all doing ?

Man that's brutal! Around 70 here today, almost needed long sleeves this morning.

Another old fashioned winter here like we had last year. I thought global warming was putting an end to that. Snow is piling up like I have not seen in quite a few years. Better than rain and mud I guess, or so I try to convince myself.

Still 18-24" in the woods snowing daily it seems. Raining now on top of 3" of snow with 3-6" by morning. 40 min NW is getting 12-18 tonight on top of 18-24 last wknd on top of 24-30 the wknd before. Deep freeze headed in as well. It's going to be a tough spring for a lot of folks.

Another old fashioned winter here like we had last year. I thought global warming was putting an end to that. Snow is piling up like I have not seen in quite a few years.

Still 18-24" in the woods snowing daily it seems. Deep freeze headed in as well.

Yup, we keep hear about global warming but it sure isn't here in the east nor has it been. Maybe its global shifting of climates, cold places warming, temperate places cooling.

getting some rain here (bout time) looks like no work till tues.....

Warm rain here as well.. Unless it is an emergency call.. I am out till Tuesday. I have tons of kid activities to do anyway.
I was up in Columbia and Sonora yesterday. You guys are getting more rain than us up that way.

The wind is hammering here. I think my fence may fall over.
The rain is sideways all day today. Should be plenty of cleanup tomorrow.

Here in Weymouth, MA the snow totals in the past week have been so high that the National Guard has come to help us. We got 26" just yesterday. It is going to snow again on Thursday. We already have 70". Probably not a big deal for you extreme northerners, but its a big deal for us. We're used to playing baseball and winning Superbowls, not shoveling 6' of snow. How about a picture:

463143838.jpg

Did I mention that we won the Superbowl Again? :D

We haven't had the snow but we have gotten the cold .I think the high for this coming Sat.is supposed to be 4 degrees .

My 600 foot driveway is like driving on pond ice .

Snow removal guys in MA have to be rather pleased with the weather. Sure its a lot or too much, but that makes for a helluva lotta work.

Snow removal guys in MA have to be rather pleased with the weather. Sure its a lot or too much, but that makes for a helluva lotta work.

They're quite happy, I think they're hoping they don't drop dead from exhaustion through. The snow is still being cleared round the clock. We have another big blizzard coming this weekend. In other news, Massachusetts Dunking Donuts sees record month for coffee sales. :)

0*F right now. Might hit 5*. Windy. We have about 2' of snow right now. We haven't been getting hammered like the East end of the state.

0*F right now. Might hit 5*. Windy. We have about 2' of snow right now. We haven't been getting hammered like the East end of the state.

Maybe the 12-16" of snow coming this weekend will cover the "street ice" that was formed from the water main breaks we've been having around town.

special-560x389.jpg

Winter storm warnings here. snowing blowing, and free freshly baked cookies arriving from my sister next door...yep I'll blow here drive out again soon as it calms down a bit. I usually like to finish it about breakfast time...that's normally good for a plate of biscuits and gravy:/:

Record cold & very windy...furnace just finally shut down for the first time in 12 hours. Wouldn't keep the house over 62f most of the day.

Back