What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 468K
Beautiful 72 degree F day here, pleasant crisp crunchy leaf walk with the children. Deep blue sky offset by the fall colors. V-good tree species diversity here, Tree City USA for 38 years running. Ash leaves are mostly down, oaks and sugar/Norway maples are beautiful colors. Silver maples just starting to turn, as with the sweet gums.

Our Indian summer is turning cold, finally.
Had to turn the handle heat on yesterday.

First snow of the year started around noon and got wetter & wetter with moist wet snow. Now starting to accumulate, supposed to get 1-3". We still worked in it, but gave up on doing a 4th job, as it would be limb walking a Siberian elm and extensive crown cleaning of a honey locust. We'll wait on that one for better weather, or stack it with some other jobs and rent a lift for it since access is decent.

We are supposed to get our first valley bottom snowfall tonight too. First year in ten I won't be getting up to check since I got out of the snow plowing business. F-ckin A!

Might equal some storm damage work GP :)

Plowing snow can be therapeutic and relaxing until you have to deal with some customers.

We got a solid inch to inch and half at my place. I'd have been running around like a chicken with its head cut off out there checking, sanding, pushing, whatever. Instead I'm just sipping coffee and waiting to go to my regular scheduled shift tonight at midnight. :boogie:

Gonna hire someone to plow your driveway now, Squisher?

We're getting our first snow too. Sticking to the grass a little now but mostly melting.

What you guys think of my new cold weather suit?

A4eN4jB.jpg

Gonna hire someone to plow your driveway now, Squisher?

We're getting our first snow too. Sticking to the grass a little now but mostly melting.

Heck no. Still got a plow truck, kept one, my old '95 f350. Just not gonna plow for anyone else anymore.

Jim thems some mighty fine looking britches. Lol.

Back