What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 467K
Blowing a gale here today, but only copped a bit of the dust. It's covering most of the state, even got to Sydney. That's only the second time I've seen it reach there, sure is dry.

http _prod.static9.net.au___media_2018_11_22_10_06_dust7.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...r-quality-warning-as-front-descends-on-sydney

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/270woe_84FM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Coldest turkey day in twenty years here, 32* for a high lol. When we were kids we’d be skating on the river by now.

We got our first snow this week, luckily it didn't stay at all. It's just rainy / foggy, dripping wet, windy and cold. That makes me miserable.
The so-called winter gloves bring some improvements but they don't sustain the friction on the climb line. Only 2 days use and the fingers were pierced !:X

Your first picture is what New Delhi looks like all the time but it's smog, just horrible air quality glad to be back home.

Prepping for 14" of snow coming today.

About like Stigs weather right now. Pouring rain for two days with high winds.
End of fire season thank the gods. Down side is part of our natural cycle, mud and rock slides.
California always, dries out, burns, floods, slides and then the ocean rises up and takes some away. For as long as I can remember.
So due for a good snow season this year. See if I am right. Then the ocean storms will make waste of Malibu (whats left of it). At least by next year.

Drizzling Christmas Eve, no white Christmas here. Today was a cold, steady soaking rain, where you didn't even want to get out of the truck. Job was to drop-n-chip 2 medium Siberian elms on a rural property being foreclosed on by the bank. 1/4 of the trees were already on the ground, windblown fallen limbs, peeling bark. Felled & winched the 1st one, then had to pull over the 2nd one due to back lean over an outbuilding. Used the log grapple truck as a redirect anchor off the front bumper and winched the tree over. New & improved self-bucking Siberians sure make a job fun! Chipped the debris, then picked up the logs and stumps on the grapple truck for a firewood processor we know who will take elm.

Done by 3. I went to dump chips solo 15 miles away, wound up getting stuck and getting myself out after dumping.

Meanwhile, rest of the crew went on to another job for a building contractor. He had dug out a huge stump & root ball with an excavator & pushed it to the side with a bulldozer. But it was way too heavy to lift with his excavator, so he called us in. Our log grapple could just barely handle it, even staying as close as possible to the bed. But got it up & on, ready to dispose of it. Possibly have to pressure wash it to get the dirt off, unless we can find a dirty fill spot that will take it.

We got snow just in time for Christmas and then a couple of inches on Boxing Day. Meh, winter is here. Atleast I'm not plowing it! Actually as a bit of a celebration of not plowing anymore I'm purposely neglecting my own driveway. F-ck it! Lol.

Feels like spring here...wet, windy, warm.

Don't recall another December where I never used a snow shovel or salted the steps.

Back