What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 466K
-21C wind chill down to -30C around my parts.
Glad I changed my f150 battery! Had a low voltage start a week ago. Service engine light came on.

Cold here, a slight warm up tomorrow but snow rain mix (god I hope not) if it rains it will be solid ice for weeks temps are suppose to head back down quickly tuesday night and stay there. Here comes the deep freeze.
Sounds lovely Pete!

Cold here. Only got about an inch of light fluffy snow to add on top so I skipped doing the drive. The dog doesn’t much like this weather. Snows deep enough his ass hits when he goes to poop:eek3:

Chilly here...feet started getting cold, had to boost the heat up to 64f.

Carried the dog in twice so far after poopin' , feet were freezing up.

High of freezing today; climber's en route with our new truck, so no work today (apart from doing the preliminary cable & phone line drops for tomorrow's work, firewood, and light maintenance). High tomorrow is supposed to be 46 degrees F, so we should see all of the accumulated snow melt off, making for mushy conditions.

Coolish and very damp. I'll tell you, 35 degrees F and spitting rain feels about as cold as it does on a dry sunny day at 5 below. Maybe colder.

-5 now. Barely made it to 0 today. Windchill is pretty bad. I could snap freeze a penguin on my driveway right now.

Cold here. Only got about an inch of light fluffy snow to add on top so I skipped doing the drive. The dog doesn’t much like this weather. Snows deep enough his ass hits when he goes to poop:eek3:

It might not be his ass that is the issue. Would you like T-bagging a pile of fresh powder every time you had to pop a squat?

First snow yesterday, tinny and fluffy in the morning but turned to a wet snow in the afternoon, as the air warmed up a little. It was about 2", but that turned the drivers crazy, as usual. We aren't used to that anymore (the snow, not the crazy drivers !). A deliverer took a nice slide, down a step road along the property where I was, and ended crashing in the rail-link fence of the customer, a few feet before the neighbor's car. Hopefully, it didn't jump over the small concrete base though, or it would have came right on us.

Beside that, climbing in the snow is definitively not fun. I was as wet as if it was raining, and the behavior of the ropes and associated gear is a mix between sliding with the ice/snow and jamming with the water. Not fun at all.
Today I postponed the next job and stayed at home. Small ashes, easy, but covered with ivy and melting snow, no way.

Heatwave!

Low overnight is going to be 12 F (20 below freezing), high tomorrow will be 27 F. Great weather for a Siberian elm takedown! At least it shouldn't warm up enough to turn the snow & ice to slush/muck.

:lol: Possibly.
7*f right now up to 20 something (gusts to 40mph) then -11 tonight wind chill should be down right arctic.
Next week they are saying lows of -20's and day time highs in the - numbers. I think I'll stay home.

With my new to me mill job this year is the first winter I've worked indoors in ages. T-shirt everyday, if it gets to warm I just turn a fan on. I am loving it. Never rained or snowed on. But besides when I'm at work it's frigging miserable winter here too. Cold.

With my new to me mill job this year is the first winter I've worked indoors in ages. T-shirt everyday, if it gets to warm I just turn a fan on. I am loving it. Never rained or snowed on. But besides when I'm at work it's frigging miserable winter here too. Cold.

Congrats on the new job. Is there a name for the people who work indoors like, bucket baby? ;)

From the mid forties with rain to the upper 20’s today and some lake effect snow. Single digits in the morning tomorrow with those pesky 40 mph winds. Glad we got a mountain of brush to chip. I’ll be in a warm cab (with having to do the occasional sawcut)and the boys will be driving trucks.

And I think the name for indoor workers is sissy8)
Or was that Smart? They both start with S

From the mid forties with rain to the upper 20’s today and some lake effect snow. Single digits in the morning tomorrow with those pesky 40 mph winds. Glad we got a mountain of brush to chip. I’ll be in a warm cab (with having to do the occasional sawcut)and the boys will be driving trucks.

And I think the name for indoor workers is sissy8)
Or was that Smart? They both start with S
Smart sissy.
I never felt like a sissy when I was tending bar in a strip club! ;)

A strip club is the only free pass.

Back