What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 467K
Could you dam it somewhat? Make the part of it on your property a bit higher? Or is that against some rule orrrr something?

Plenty of rules to consider, sure.

But to what purpose? I don't understand what one might accomplish. I'm interested in your thoughts, Butch, help me out a little.

I'd flood my riparian zone and kill a bunch of trees and other vegetation, with a dam. It's not like I have a reservoir dug out that is now dry...it's just a creek bed with very low flow this season.

Probably illegal too, but I'd divert a small creek off of it, in a sorta semicircle, damned, that connected back into the creek that would be at whatevel water level I liked.

I think something like that might work.

I think I coulda been a beaver.

We've had the worst drought ever recorded this summer.
Even had forest fires, and I use to claim you could only start one here with a Napalm strike.

Trees, bushes and scrubberies dying left and right.

No hay to speak of, this winter is going to be a catastrophy. Farmers are already killing their cattle and milking stock ( Good news for the carnivores, meat is getting to be a surplus thing, so prices are going way down).

We've finally had some rain last week.
Not near enough, but at least my back pasture has turned from destert to green grass, and the horses are happily munching away:)

Probably illegal too, but I'd divert a small creek off of it, in a sorta semicircle, damned, that connected back into the creek that would be at whatevel water level I liked.

I think something like that might work.

I think I coulda been a beaver.

Mighty hard to make water run uphill...if I get your drift. That might not be so :).

People have been screwing up down-stream forever. There is a finite amount of water. Damming would also cause more infiltration into groundwater, so it would not all stay, as with a pool with a waterproof pond liner or concrete swimming pool.

Stream levels fluctuate daily, higher in afternoons where there is snow to melt. Lowering overnight into the morning, until increased melt balances with flow downstream.

Wet & working. Soggy, sloggy. Barely was able to get the stump grinder up slight inclines today, spinning out on mud.

Holy smokes, Michael is a CAT 4 this morning. To our North Florida peeps on here, be safe. EVACUATE.

That coast is going to be SLAMMED.

I have not seeing pics yet.

39* on it's way down to 30* high of 40 something tomorrow. But no rain for a few days thank God!

Been cool and dry. Leaves changing still, and falling. Lots of native yellow leaves. Not the diversity of the east. Ornamentals bring in more color.

Used to go to Looking Glass Mountain in NC over Halloween for a climbing trip. Beautiful fall colors.

Back