What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 477K
People go out less, social media means staying in isn’t as isolating.

Plus the dui thing. Peeps drink at home and troll on the internet.

Expensive is an understatement, I went out Friday night, first time in a long while, three mixed drinks, three big beers, $60 tab!

Thats a good deal.

The big shop up at dad's needs some work. New windows, and new doors would help.

My shop has no windows and decent insulation it would seem. Warm in the winter, heats easily and cool in the summer if you keep the doors closed.

Heh Mick are you speaking from experience? :D

Winds up to 110km last night. Waterford was pretty bad. My place in Brantford survived, I have a garage tent just sitting on the ground. Must be frozen. Simcoe south of me had it pretty bad. No idea how to approach it. There is a no door knocking bylaw in Norfolk county. Not sure.of my chipper.is frozen to the ground. I might tow it and sit on some Simcoe neighbourhoods....

Just park at a gas station or something. I have been on stump gigs before and landed five jobs afterwards. It was a weird domino effect, did one job and somebody stopped, did that job and somebody stopped, one after another and another....

Ah yes, the gas station trick. The best is when someone walks up and asks "do you do trees?" when you are filling up a chipper :lol:

As predicted, it was mucky today. Ground was frozen to start the day, but didn't save the ruts going uphill to the backyard and didn't save the bucket truck from getting stuck in a backyard. I had to pull it out with the chip truck, but snapped 2 old bull ropes in the process. Got it out, then backed the chipper in for the final tree. 40˚F and sunny, broke a sweat on the 2nd Siberian. Had to leave a crew of two to deal with the ruts while the rest of us did 2 more jobs.

Ah yes, the gas station trick. The best is when someone walks up and asks "do you do trees?" when you are filling up a chipper :lol:
Funnier when they ask while you are filling up the hopper with limbs. "Do you do tree work?" "No, usually it's bodies but I need to test it on this brush first..."

We were supposed to have 30 below F last night with a wind.....equaling 50 below wind chill.

Lucked out with 20 below and no wind.

Winning!

Its 25 below C right now for those keeping score in communist countries. I think thats what the C stands for anyway.

Always pisses me off.

Since of course southern Sask and Alberta are barren wastelands......they get their radio from the station to the west of me in Havre.

A few years ago they started giving out the temp in F and C.

They give the C temp first! Bastids! They must have forgot where there bread gets buttered.

17˚F and cloudy here, light flurries. Not hard frozen enough to avoid ruts, so I had to fix one rut as best as possible, but it was just chunks of frozen ground. Did okay, then covered it with snow. Nature should be adding even more snow over the next 2 days.

While wrapping up the job, noticed a river of water going downhill from the curb toward the storm drain at the end of a cul de sac. Water main was gushing up from the ground, looked like a spring. Customer called it into the city and their scout truck showed up 15 min later. Definitely a main trunk burst so they called in the big guns. As we were winding up the job, they rolled out with the kit -- dump truck, mini ex, utility truck, etc. to fix the break. They warned me not to drive over the street there, in case it caved in over the main.

Lol nessie!!!

Water will wash out land like you wouldn't believe, I've seen streets cave in, not good!

I am getting tired of crisp weather. Where is that good old global warming LOL, sorry climate change I forgot the verbiage has changed.

Back